We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa query

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visa query

Hello! First time posting! I have a hotel booked in st. Petersburg for the end of june. I have Peruvian citizenship but am a resident of the USA. According to several websites" I do not need a visa with Peruvian passport, but what else do I have to show on entry to Russia? Hotel booking and air ticket of departure? Am worried about entry...please advise, thanks!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,845 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa query

It seems like a Peruvian passport is all you need but I would have your hotel booking and the return ticket ready just in case, to prove the immigration officer that you have not come to stay if he happens to have any doubts (unlikely).

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa query

Thank you so much! I will be in Helsinki and am debating whether to travel to St Petersburg by train or to fly in? Am thinking train is more convenient for departure and arrival, ie, closer to hotels in the central areas. Also, which taxis are safe and reliable? I will be alone and a bit worried. Thanks!

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
2,659 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa query

Really no difference, check for prices... Train is easy and quick, without airport hassle. Flying might be a little bit faster, but you have less choices in flights, than in trains. Flying you definitely need a taxi in St.Petersburg, but it is easy to take one from a taxi booth on arrival.

St.Petersburg...
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa query

Train is definitely much more effective - all the border crossing formalities being solved without leaving your chair, in a moving train.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa query

Many thanks! Finally feeling more positive about going to Russia!

6. Re: Visa query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 06:18