We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit Peterhof on Monday?

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
200 posts
411 reviews
Save Topic
Visit Peterhof on Monday?

I know that the grand palace is closed on Monday but I don't plan to visit the palace anyway since we plan to visit the Catherine Palace on another day and the state apartments in town. Are Mondays less crowded at Peterhof since the palace is closed? We will be in town May 20 to 24 and I'm trying to keep an open calendar so I can flow with the weather. Thanks for any suggestions.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit Peterhof on Monday?

It's very wise to consider the weather for visiting the Peterhof parks! I've never been in the Parks on Mondays but I'd say yes, it should be a bit less crowded. At the same time, the Parks are huge and it's not that you'll be packed there anyway. Even if a line to get the entrance tickets is long it moves fast...

St.Petersburg
Level Contributor
800 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit Peterhof on Monday?

For Peterhof the weather is the most important factor. Park is big and even on the very busy day people are concentrated around the main cascade and then the further you walk the fewer people you see. Monday is my favorite day to be in Peterhof. At the same times it is the worst day for Catherine's palace. Tuesday is really bad in the Hermitage.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
200 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit Peterhof on Monday?

Thank you for the timing suggestions. I guess it makes sense that Catherine's Palace is at its worst when the Hermitage is closed and the Hermitage would be busiest after it is closed on Monday. Hopefully it will be sunny on our Monday.

4. Re: Visit Peterhof on Monday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2014, 05:17