We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Managing money while traveling thru several countries .....

Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Managing money while traveling thru several countries .....

HI IM taking a cruise to the baltic sea the end of this month, I was wondering about exchanging money, as we will be stopping at multiple ports..Helsinki Finland, Oslo Norway, Talin, Estonia, Belgium and Russia for 2 days...we will only be at the other places for the day...DO most places take credit cards? Whats the best way to handle all the different currancies? Is it necessary to have some of each currancy?? We will be staying in London for 4 days I will have some pounds on hand, we are taking a 2 day tour in Russia, was wondering if I should have some rubles on hand? Any help would be grately appreciated! Thankyou

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
2,928 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Managing money while traveling thru several countries .....

Upscale places in Russia take CCs, but not all of them AmEx. Visa and Mastercard works nicely. Public transport, taxis, street vendors and street food, most museums and tours are for cash. Easily get some roubles from ATMs. Enjoy!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,147 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Managing money while traveling thru several countries .....

I don't believe you can buy roubles outside of Russia. I got mine from an ATM for buying postcards, water, etc. In other words for little purchases which didn't justify a credit card.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,189 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Managing money while traveling thru several countries .....

> I don't believe you can buy roubles outside of Russia

You are wrong. But it usually makes no sense.

4. Re: Managing money while traveling thru several countries .....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 05:16