We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

canal boat tours at night

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
canal boat tours at night

I am interested in doing the canal boat tour but would like to do this in the evening. The site I went to said that they are not running a night time this year, Can you recommend one for me please? Thank you

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,967 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: canal boat tours at night

susan,

Here's a list I found for myself. Don't know if any of these tours suit you.

saint-petersburg.com/river-trips/…

Another one, the boat tour of palaces, starts from the Savior on the Spilled Blood.

http://eng.cathedral.ru/teplohodnie_kskursii

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,967 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: canal boat tours at night

Svetakoshka gave a link to Anglo Tourismo boat tours. Their website is user friendly and they are listed on TA. I think I'll go with them too.

http://anglotourismo.com/

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: canal boat tours at night

Thank you for your advice. I am due to go next week and will use the latter and will let you know how I get on if you are travelling after 9th July. As you say the website is very user friendly

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,967 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: canal boat tours at night

Susan,

I visited before you so here's my input. Hope it's useful. The Anglo Tourismo boat tour was excellent. We went for the last tour at 9 pm and then had crepes at Teremok on Gostiny Dvor, a few minutes away.

Dmitri did a wonderful job of presenting his beloved city. One note for you regarding the location: the address of Fontanka 27 is rather hypothetical. AT does not have an office there and the boat does not depart from there. Their tickets are offered at a booth (that sells tickets for multiple operators) across the street from Fontanka 27. They use the dock a few doors down from Fontanka 27.

There was a boat docked near Fontanka 27 when we arrived yesterday. I showed our tickets to the nice young lady attendant and she said, "Next one". I interpreted this to mean 'next boat' and continued to stand in that spot. Fortunately my teenager suggested that we ask again and we realized that she meant 'next dock'. Otherwise we would have missed the boat and it was the last one offered by AT.

5. Re: canal boat tours at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2014, 05:16