We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ballet or concert in SPB

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ballet or concert in SPB

My wife and I will be in SPB this month. Our cruise offers either a concert night at the Hermitage or Swan Lake ballet at Alexandrinsky Theatre. Any comments on the quality and experiences at either or both. Thanks

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,846 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ballet or concert in SPB

Welcome to the forum FAQ: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298507-i707-k5557…

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ballet or concert in SPB

Hi!

In my oppinion Swan Lake ballet at Alexandrinsky Theatre is more interesting experience - great theater atmosphere, history of the theater, old but beautiful hall and wonderful music.

And about concert night at the Hermitage... I live in St. Petersburg, all my life and never heard of it. Maybe one or two days in the year you can come in Hermitage in the night, but I can't find smth about concert night at the Hermitage in internet.... Maybe it's night club called Hermitage?

Anyway ballet is more spectacular action than concert)))

Have a nice trip!

Edited: 04 August 2013, 17:35
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ballet or concert in SPB

Elizavetta, they mean the concert not in Hermitage-museum, but in Hermitage-theatre. It is located in the same building, but have different entrance. It is beautiful inside. I listened classic concert there once.

ProfessorMichigan, what do you prefer : to listen classic music or to see ballet? Both buildings of theaters are very nice.

On my personal opinion, I would go in Hermitage to listen concert. But you don't listen to me and choose according your personal opinion. :))

Have a nice trip.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ballet or concert in SPB

www.hermitagemuseum.org/html_En/02/hm2_7.html

Web-site of Hermitage theatre.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ballet or concert in SPB

By the way, according to web-site of Hermitage theatre they have also Swan Lake every day in August. Not concerts... If the same, Alexandrinskiy theatre is bigger, Hermitage theatre is smaller. Both have pluses and minuses. Maybe to go in Alexandrinsky? You will be in Hermitage-museum any way. Alexandrinskiy theatre it is another historical building.

6. Re: Ballet or concert in SPB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 06:20