We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arrive by train from Moscow

HongKong
Level Contributor
647 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
arrive by train from Moscow

will arrive by train from Moscow in September

which station will the SAPSAN train stopped in SPB?

is it easy to catch a taxi at the train station to our apartment near Grand Hotel Europe?

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
513 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: arrive by train from Moscow

The train comes to Moskovsky vokzal. No need for a taxi there - you can take a bus (or a trolley) and ride three stops to the destination.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: arrive by train from Moscow

>>is it easy to catch a taxi

yes it's easy but a ripoff is almost 100% guaranteed. Take alexeybk's advice and use public transportation. Let us know if you need the directions.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: arrive by train from Moscow

You can actualy order a cab while on the train. Just request the conductor to order it for you.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
76 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: arrive by train from Moscow

Sorry to barge in and thank you in advance to the OP for asking this question. I'll be staying at Nevsky Moyka 5 and from it's description their location is walking distance to/from the train station originating from Moscow and I don't need a cab. Pls. confirm if it is accurate.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: arrive by train from Moscow

Depends on your definition of walking distance, how much luggage, etc. Looks to be about 1 mile...but it is a pretty straight shot (destination is near the "northern" end of Nevski Prospekt close to the Neva River,

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,800 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: arrive by train from Moscow

> from it's description their location is walking distance to/from the train station originating from Moscow

Never trust people who want to sell you something, trust maps. It's about time you discovered Google maps.

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,154 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: arrive by train from Moscow

It is quite a hike.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: arrive by train from Moscow

>>I'll be staying at Nevsky Moyka 5 and from it's description their location is walking distance to/from the train station originating from Moscow

it can be a nice\pleasant\interesting but VERY LONG walk. I wouldn't do it with luggage, though. Take either taxi or public transportation:

- metro to "Nevsky prospekt/Gostiny dvor" and walk from there (about 15 minutes)

- bus/trolleybus to "metro Nevsky/Gostyniy dvor" stop and the same walk

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
HongKong
Level Contributor
647 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: arrive by train from Moscow

if i catch a taxi how much will it cost from Moskovsky vokzal to Anichkov bridge ?

do taxi charge according to meter or i have to negotiate with the driver on the charge first?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: arrive by train from Moscow

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298484-i718-k6298…