We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport back to hotel after ballet at Mariinsky

HongKong
Level Contributor
570 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
transport back to hotel after ballet at Mariinsky

my hotel is at Moskovskiy Station. after ballet at Mariinsky

1. is it difficult to catch a taxi?

or i need to call a taxi?

2. is bus no. 22 and 27 and trolleybus 22 back to Moskovskiy Station ?

which number will be better?

will it be very crowded at that hour?

thanks

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport back to hotel after ballet at Mariinsky

>>1. is it difficult to catch a taxi? or i need to call a taxi?

it's not difficult as the taxis gather around the end of the show but it definitely would be overpriced :(. In SPb it's ALWAYS better to call in advance. You can ask you hotel to do so before you leave for the show. Or can try yourself, though keep in mind that very few taxi co's speak English.

>>is bus no. 22 and 27 back to Moskovskiy Station? which number will be better?

both pretty much the same. I know bus 22 stops right in front the theater entrance but I can't recall where the stop for 27 is. So if it's not on the same stop then 22 is just more convenient.

>> trolleybus 22

it's quite a walk from the theater to the trolleybus stop (about 10-15 minutes) through a rather people-less neighborhood and I don't think you'd want to do it on your own.

>>will it be very crowded at that hour?

yes and no, many people do come to the theater by their cars so definitely not all of them use public transport. On the other hand, buses run quite often and there are few taxi mini-buses that locals would use to save time. You'll be just fine!

HongKong
Level Contributor
570 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport back to hotel after ballet at Mariinsky

thanks a lot Svetakoshka

you solve a lot of my problems

hope it work alright for me

St.Petersburg...
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transport back to hotel after ballet at Mariinsky

Bus 27 is better - going through the entire nevsky prospect - while bus 22 turns left before Moskovsky railway terminal... Taxis from the theatre - overpriced...

HongKong
Level Contributor
570 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transport back to hotel after ballet at Mariinsky

thanks to u too veresch

Halifax
Level Contributor
125 posts
1,005 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transport back to hotel after ballet at Mariinsky

Just went a couple of days ago and had the same concerns.We caught a cab back to our hotel...there are lots waiting.The driver asked for 1000 Rouples but we settled on 500 and he was happy with that ..worth it for an day drive home

6. Re: transport back to hotel after ballet at Mariinsky

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 05:17