We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Peterline 'special' when booking

Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
St Peterline 'special' when booking

Hi there

I've been reading through all the St Peterline discussion on Trip Advisor - it has been very helpful thank you.

My husband, sister and I will travel to St Petersburg on 22 December, returning on 24 December (Princess Maria one way, Anastasia the other).

I understand we have to select a 'special' when booking. It seems that some specials give a much bigger discount than others. For example 'Princess Maria: SUPER1" is a lot cheaper than "Early Bookers Standard".

I contacted St Petersline to ask which specials I can claim - they came back and said 'any'. But presumably some of the specials are for certain circumstances? I don't want to book using the cheapest special then turn up at the port in helsinki and find we have to pay a fine/ticket cancelled etc.

Is anyone able to help me understand whether I truly can book whichever special I like without problems boarding the boat?

Thanks so much

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Peterline 'special' when booking

Hello Georgette3,

check carefully cancellation and payment policies for various "specials" as they might vary. Also probably not all the cabins available for different offers...

St.Petersburg...
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Peterline 'special' when booking

The system of online booking of the StPeterline is a bit unclear - but it works, I have just been on their Helsinki return cruise from St.Petersburg, booking online. It looked that I have received early booking option - not being that early booker, and we received with my wife a cabin on a higher deck than expected. No problem with registration, no extra payments or fines. Try different offers and compare prices - before making the final confirmation.

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Peterline 'special' when booking

Also check what's included what's not under various specials.

Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Peterline 'special' when booking

Thank you! Is there an explanation of the different specials somewhere on their site? I couldnt find one.

Thank you for your help!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Peterline 'special' when booking

>>an explanation of the different specials somewhere

yeah, not too obvious and not too informative :( Here's about "early booking" stpeterline.com/en/Prices/Earlybooking.aspx and if you click on "Special offer" on the left you'll see 4 more discount options. And may be it's better to email the company to ask them explain more about each discount

Edited: 30 October 2013, 09:06
6. Re: St Peterline 'special' when booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 05:20