We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather so far this winter?

Connecticut, USA
Level Contributor
63 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Weather so far this winter?

Greetings!

We will be in Moscow and St. P arriving Jan. 2 for 9 days. I've been keeping an eye on weather there, and it's apparently been quite a bit warmer there than here in northeastern USA. From all accounts, I was expecting almost polar temperatures, but looking at recent temps, I'm wondering if I'm overpacking the cold weather gear. Has this been an unusually warm winter in the area?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,202 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather so far this winter?

Yes, it's been unusually warm, and the forecast keeps it this way for the immediate future. This said, it's not exactly t-shirt and shorts kind of weather.

Connecticut, USA
Level Contributor
63 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather so far this winter?

Thank you Marassa.

Not t shirts and shorts certainly, but positively tropical compared to what we're having here. Looking forward to our visit!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,202 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather so far this winter?

> positively tropical compared to what we're having here. Looking forward to our visit!

Just looked up what you are having over there - bring us some of that please, would you? ;)

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather so far this winter?

Please bear in mind that the weather forecasts r quite inaccurate so don't rely on warm weather continuing.

Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather so far this winter?

Looks like abit of winter weather forecast for this weekend and beyond?!

6. Re: Weather so far this winter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2015, 07:21