We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train ticket to helsinki

ahmedabad
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Train ticket to helsinki

I am trying to plan st Petersburg to helsinki train ticket on finish site vr.fi and also onrzd.ru,finish side givess discount for group of 6assengers,is alright to buy from vr.fi for travel st Petersburg to helsinki

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,466 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train ticket to helsinki

Yes, you can buy from vr.fi or rzd.ru, no difference...

ahmedabad
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train ticket to helsinki

Thnx

ahmedabad
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train ticket to helsinki

When the booking opens for may 27

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train ticket to helsinki

>>Yes, you can buy from vr.fi or rzd.ru, no difference..

Vasily, are you sure? To me it also SEEMS "no difference" but since I don't have personal experience I called RZD hot-line and they said:

- they ARE SURE vr.fi doesn't sell discounted tickets (for a group of 6 it's considered discounted) as well as rzd.ru and these tickets only can be bought personally at a ticket-office (either in Finland or in Russia)

- they are NOT SURE how a person with vr.fi-e-ticket will board the train.... This left me confused - if they don't know WHO does know? She told me to consult any ticket-office....

ahmedabad
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train ticket to helsinki

Hi vashily and svetakoshka.if u surf vr.fi and try to book they have column for selection of 6 adult or more.

I think ticket bought on vr.fi has to be valid to board train as allegro is combined operation

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,466 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train ticket to helsinki

Svetakoshka, the question from OP was ",is alright to buy from vr.fi for travel st Petersburg to helsinki"? My answer is yes. About the discounts - one can compare and choose, right? Have a nice day!

ahmedabad
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train ticket to helsinki

Hi Vaishalimami and svetakoska,I have compared and there is a discount

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,629 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train ticket to helsinki

> Hi Vaishalimami

I like Vasily's new name!

ahmedabad
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Train ticket to helsinki

Sorry for mistake,I mistyped,sorry again vashily from moscow

10. Re: Train ticket to helsinki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 06:16