We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tour guides in St Petersburg??

INDIANA
Level Contributor
131 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
tour guides in St Petersburg??

Hi All-- after reading about alot of different companies I am wondering if anyone has heard or used the one called BESTGUIDES-spb.??? prices for 2day-2 people tour-- $1224 USD!

we are crusing on Royal Princess Aug 2014, so pick up & drop off is @ the ship

any comments are appreciated..

thanks-Donnakg

we are looking for a private tour 2 people /2 days.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tour guides in St Petersburg??

>>anyone has heard or used the one called BESTGUIDES-spb.?

is this it? tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g298507-d22…

A list of the tour-guides/agencies tripadvisor.ca/Attractions-g298507-Activitie…

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
770 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tour guides in St Petersburg??

Hi Donnakg,

I suppose that art & architecture are your passions, aren't they? Choosing such tight program you'll see 5 or 6 museums, fountain gardens of Peterhof and what not in two days. But the schedule can be more relaxing, it means the price will be less. Make your own choice and enjoy your tour in St.Petersburg!

Mentioned in this post
Peterhof
Peterhof
Petrodvortsovy District, Russia
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Northwestern District, Russia
ct
Level Contributor
6 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tour guides in St Petersburg??

Having just returned from 4 day in St. Petersburg, I can highly recommend the tour guide who planned an excellent 2-day sightseeing itinerary for me to see everything in this spectacular city. Her name is Albina and you can contact her via email at

adunaeva@nm.ru

She is an expert in history, art and very personable and accommodating. She can pick you up at the port upon arrival with her driver and obtain all the tickets and permits for the various museums and palaces. Through her you can also get access to private viewings of the amazing Treasure Gallery in the Hermitage. Also you will save considerably by working with her directly. Being a travel agent, I can highly recommend her. Hope this helps. Any questions, feel free to contact me.

Mentioned in this post
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Northwestern District, Russia
INDIANA
Level Contributor
131 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tour guides in St Petersburg??

Hello raf1860! Thanks for your recommendations. Does Albina work for a certain company or is just a private guide who is licensed ?

Sounds like you had a awesome time & guide too!

Donnakg

INDIANA
Level Contributor
131 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tour guides in St Petersburg??

hello again-- After a few emails back & forth to Albina , my emails do not go thru, faillure to deliver.

Mine is working fine. Not sure what is going on???? If she ran off with a movie star, surely she would tell hehe.

This makes me paranoid about planning a tour with guides ON LINE.

anyone know her or a website for her?

Of course there are lots of others to choose from.

thanks Donnakg

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,770 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tour guides in St Petersburg??

> Of course there are lots of others to choose from

No, how could you even consider other guides over Albina, who's got whopping three recommendations in this forum... wait, all three from the same person? who has not contributed anything else at all?

INDIANA
Level Contributor
131 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tour guides in St Petersburg??

marassa--I see your point... who do you recommend? 2 person--2day ,, not 8 not 16 only we 2.

thanks Donnakg

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,713 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tour guides in St Petersburg??

$1200 is a lot for two people but if you have an expensive itinerary with many expensive tickets such as the new Faberge Museum and Yusupov Palace plus all the normal cruiser destinations plus prepaid 5 star lunches it could be that much. What you pay is determined by what you are scheduled to do.

On the other hand, a walking tour with guide could be $100 total including transportation.

I would suggest deciding what you really want to do, and how you would like to proportion your time and do some shopping. The tour companies which can go to the port is mushrooming from a small hand full 7 years ago to 140 now, some are larger and some are tiny with a single person doing the business and conducting the tour.

One thing for sure, you will be flooded with proposals by private message on here. Most of the ones you hear about started by spamming the forums like Trip Advisor and Cruise Critic and created an image for themselves and dozens of referrals and rave reviews months before they even conducted their first tour.

Are you firm about wanting only 2 people in your group? If you found others on your cruise you would like to tour with, the per person price would drop dramatically with a custom itinerary. About the cheapest 2 day full itinerary with meals included is about $299 for a group tour which could be from 2 to 15 people

Mentioned in this post
Faberge Museum
Faberge Museum
3,271 Reviews
St. Petersburg, Russia
INDIANA
Level Contributor
131 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tour guides in St Petersburg??

Thanks For Your Info . big decisions but it may be worth it.. we have been burned before,, advertising small groups in a van. Yeah Rite!... slows you down uncomfortable! we are asking for a high-intensity tour with the no sit down lunch that take an hour .. maybe a quick beer hahahA

thanks again for your help donnakg

pretoria
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: tour guides in St Petersburg??

Just wanted to comment on your message. Wish we could tour together as we feel the same about people holding you back, long lunches and shopping. Regretfully our cruise is already in May 2014 ....and yes still have not decided which company to use.

Anybody know anything abou ShoreTrips? Or rather go with Alba Tours or SPB?

Mentioned in this post
SPB Tours
SPB Tours
4,285 Reviews
St. Petersburg, Russia