We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Petersburg Ballet-May 29, 2014 help!

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
St. Petersburg Ballet-May 29, 2014 help!

Will be in SPB on May 29, 2014 and was wondering what ballet is recommended. Our private tour company has suggested Swan Lake at the Conservatory (not sure what that is or what company) and I'm concerned after reading some reviews, that the building is nondescript and the ballet merely geared for tourists, and not "good" or amateurish. Any thoughts, including what prices should we expect to pay, and help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Lund, Sweden
Level Contributor
93 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Petersburg Ballet-May 29, 2014 help!

On the same night I am going to Multiplicity. Forms of Silence and Emptiness at the Mikhailovsky - why because I am going to SPB and want to see the Mikhailovsky - although clearly not a well know ballet it will be top class at a top class venue. In the week I am going to the opera at Marinsky - I do not love opera but it is one of the greatest theatres in the world. Take a look at the websites for both venues - the Mariinsky is the premiere night for Sylvia tickets are as little as 1700 roubles and you can get e tickets.

St Petersburg Russia
Level Contributor
48 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Petersburg Ballet-May 29, 2014 help!

The best choice is Sylvia at Mariinsky.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Petersburg Ballet-May 29, 2014 help!

Thanks for your help; I will check into the suggestions! Much appreciated!

4. Re: St. Petersburg Ballet-May 29, 2014 help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 06:16