We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photo permit Metro stations

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lund, Sweden
Level Contributor
93 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Photo permit Metro stations

Hi

Do you need a permit for photography at Metro stations?

if so where from?

thanks

Muskur

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
518 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Photo permit Metro stations

http://mosmetro.ru/about/faq/ (in Russian) - no permit required unless you use tripod or professional lighting; no flash that could affect personnel; you should stop on staff or police order.

Edited: 19 May 2014, 14:11
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,229 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Photo permit Metro stations

Muskur,

for professional/commercial/with tripod yes, you do need a permit (I have no idea where to get it, ask a controller at any metro station), for amateur - no permit is needed. The only rule - no flash neither on the escalator nor on the platform (if you use flash on the escalator you'll hear a lady "yelling" at you)

Lund, Sweden
Level Contributor
93 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Photo permit Metro stations

Thanks very much

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photo permit Metro stations

Avidclam or Svetakoshka - do you know if it's the same for the St Petersburg metro? I've always wondered about this but have been reluctant to get out my camera and take photos for fear that it will be confiscated.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
518 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Photo permit Metro stations

I was referring to Moscow metro and Svetakoshka's post was for St.Peterburg's one.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
18 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Photo permit Metro stations

Accordind to Petersburg Metropolitan rules "All persons within the territory of the underground forbidden: 9.17. Implement film and video, as well as using flash photography without written permission of administration of underground"

So you can make pictures without tripod and flash.

7. Re: Photo permit Metro stations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 07:17