We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Petersburg Guest Card TECHNICAL question

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,262 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
St Petersburg Guest Card TECHNICAL question

Hello,

So... if i purchase the card http://petersburgcard.com/

i`m still subject to the entry tickets that i have to obtain form the booth ( line standing etc)- free or not? Or what? Or i have to tap the card at the entrance to the tour or museum and just get in? The main reason i was CONSIDERING the card purchase was the hassle free access to sights/ canal tours/ museums. If it`s not granted ( and only possible in several museums such as Peter and Paul fortress) - it`s total waste of effort ( an money ) IMO.

Please anyone explain...........???

thank you

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
51,262 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: St Petersburg Guest Card TECHNICAL question

Marassa, SHHHHHhhhhhh

Do not reveal the fishing places!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
51,262 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: St Petersburg Guest Card TECHNICAL question

Guys, hi

I did purchased the card and was 99% happy with the thing...... the report will follow , as promised!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
180 posts
567 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: St Petersburg Guest Card TECHNICAL question

This may help. I'm in St Petersburg at the moment and we've been here during a 4 day Russian public holiday. None of the queues have been excessive and it seems most of Russia are here. My wife and I don't get Cards from any cities anymore as they aren't really value. You still have to get between attractions (and St P is large) and some places you need 4 hours to do it partial justice and others are quite small. The other consideration is despite the beautiful buildings and contents here, there is only so much gold leaf & art one can take. Forget the card and wing it.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
51,262 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: St Petersburg Guest Card TECHNICAL question

Michael2810, hi

I also have just returned from SPB, and i did purchase the card and found it really useful..... here is my review:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298507-i707-k7540…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
180 posts
567 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: St Petersburg Guest Card TECHNICAL question

Read your trip report and great that you got value for it. You did a lot in 2 days.

Cheers

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
51,262 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: St Petersburg Guest Card TECHNICAL question

Cheers...

I thought i did so little...LOL

17. Re: St Petersburg Guest Card TECHNICAL question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 05:16