We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hermitage - which day?

Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
Hermitage - which day?

We have three extra chances to visit the Hermitage in late August and would like advice on which day you think might be the least crowded. We will be with a tour group for a Saturday morning tour with the option of staying longer without the group. However, my husband and I will be attending the opera that evening and I would like to be awake for it. We are art and museum lovers but an entire day in the museum plus an opera doesn't sound like a great plan. Our other options are to go on either Wed. night or anytime on Sunday as we will be on our own to do as we please. I looked at a site for cruises in port on the weekend and there are many and I assume many groups will be heading to the Hermitage. Any opinions on whether one day is better than the other or times for a Sunday visit. Thank you

TJ Travel
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
Alla Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Insider Tour
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hermitage - which day?

>>Our other options are to go on either Wed.

the Hermitage is open late - till 21:00 (9pm) - on Wednesdays, so I'd go at around 3-4pm (by that time most of the tour groups should be gone :)) hermitagemuseum.org/html_En/02/hm2_0.html

2. Re: Hermitage - which day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 06:17