We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Better coach station

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
889 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Better coach station

We will be travelling from St Petersburg to Tallinn using Lux Express. There is a choice of 2 coach stations - main coach station and Baltic Station - from which to depart. We are staying at the Domina Prestige Hotel, so which would be the better one for us or doesn't it matter? We will have a private car to transport us from the hotel to the coach station and the tour company needs to know which station we will be using, so they can finalise our travel documents.

Many thanks DL

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Better coach station

>>so which would be the better one for us or doesn't it matter?

I guess you know the answer already :) tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g298507-i707-k74652… (starting from post 8)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
889 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Better coach station

Thanks for the reply, but I just thought that our hotel may be much closer to one station rather than the other, resulting in less travel time.

Cheers DL

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Better coach station

google-map will help you or you can ask for two quotes from your car Co. From your hotel to Baltiisky station - 4.5 km and to Obvodny kanal station - 5.2 km. Depending on a day and time of travel, I think it would be easier to get to Baltiisky station (but car company might think differently :))

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
889 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Better coach station

Many thanks once again. We will be departing on a Sunday morning. The car is free as transfers are included in the cost of our tour. On a side note, what would be an appropriate tip to give our driver? Coming from a generally non-tipping nation, we like to do the right thing by workers when we're in different countries. We're familar with the tipping culture in America and Asia, but not so much in Europe.

Cheers DL

5. Re: Better coach station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 04:16