We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Petersburg sights

Reading
Level Contributor
58 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
St Petersburg sights

I'm going to St. Petersburg next month working on my itinerary now and trying to decide whether it is worth buying a St. Petersburg card. We'll be there from the 17th September leaving for Moscow on the 22nd.

Confused by the Hermitage website. It says:

400 roubles - Entry ticket to the Main museum complex

500 roubles – admission ticket, valid for two days from the moment of ticket purchase, to visit the Main Museum Complex (once) and exhibitions at the General Staff Building (once).

Why buy a two day ticket if I can only go into the museum complex once?? I don't understand.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: St Petersburg sights

The answer is in your message. For 400 rub you can visit the main building only, for 500 you can visit both, the main building and the recently opened general staff building. Since the latter ticket is valid for 2 days, you do not need to rush and visit the man building the first day and the "general staff building' the following day. You can check what you can see in the general staff building on Hermitage web site and decide which ticket you need.

2. Re: St Petersburg sights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 05:17