We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay in Kazan, things to do?

Turku, Finland
Level Contributor
107 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Place to stay in Kazan, things to do?

Hello, I'm staying 2 nights in Kazan at the end of June this year - does anybody have any recommendations for a nice hostel or a budget hotel in a good location? Suggestions of activities and sights are also highly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,004 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay in Kazan, things to do?

Kazan is quite nice, Kremlin with museums, National History museum opposite the Kremlin, old Tatar settlment (Sloboda). If interesting in religion - superb Raifa monastery, 30 mins drive off Kazan, and island-fortress Sviyazhsk about an hour drive. Ancient ruins of Bulgar settlement as a day trip...

Volga is nice, good time to visit.

2. Re: Place to stay in Kazan, things to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 May 2013, 19:05
Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay in Kazan, things to do?

Hi Yasmin,

Do you still need any tips? I'm just back from Kazan.

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to stay in Kazan, things to do?

By the way, three reviews of mine of the places I ate out had just been published.

Hope someone interested in visiting Kazan finds them helpful:

Dom Chaya (Tea House) on Baumana Street: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g298520-d232…

Dom Tatarskoy Kulinarii (Tatar Culinary House) on Baumana Street

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g298520-d232…

Roof Terrace of Marriott Kazan Kremlin on Marksa Street:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g298520-d357…

Bunbury, Western...
Level Contributor
602 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to stay in Kazan, things to do?

We visited Kazan in 2010. We stayed with a Couch Surfing family but you might be interested in what we did. It's a great place to visit., see railway-train-travel.com.au/train-trip-trans…

hillgrove
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Place to stay in Kazan, things to do?

ty jean

looks like a great place to visit. We go in April

N Ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Place to stay in Kazan, things to do?

I stayed in Hotel Fatima in Kazan last year. It was comfortable, clean and cheap. It's also very conveniently located, right beside the Kremlin. Ulitsa Baumana is within walking distance.

8. Re: Place to stay in Kazan, things to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Kazan