We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need a visa if my flight via Novosibirsk?

Which Novosibirsk hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Qionghai
4 posts
Save Topic
Do I need a visa if my flight via Novosibirsk?

I'm China citizen,I'll study in Belarus,and I'm planning flight to Minsk from Beijing via Novosibirsk.As far as I know,Beijing flight to Novosibirsk arrvied in Terminal B,and Novosibirsk flight to Minsk departures from Terminal A,There is my question,do I need Russian transit visa?

Thanks for your time and looking forward your answer.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,069 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need a visa if my flight via Novosibirsk?

I think you will need a Russian visa because flights to Belarus are treated as domestic in Russia, so you have to enter Russia to board that flight.

Try calling the airport or your airline but I'm pretty sure it's how I said.

Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need a visa if my flight via Novosibirsk?

I don't think you will need a visa, since the Novosibirsk airport is an international airport and the Minsk Airport where the flight from Novosibirsk arrives is International. You will be better to check with the airline if you need a visa for Russia.

Banbury
Level Contributor
521 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I need a visa if my flight via Novosibirsk?

Transit visas are required if you want to catch a flight to Belarus through Russia, a fact that is made very clear at DME and SVO.

Strictly speaking there is no passport control between the two countries but expect to be met when you arrive in Belarus.

Milton Keynes...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Do I need a visa if my flight via Novosibirsk?

Hi

I want to ask you about airport in Novosibirsk. Did you need to transfer between terminal A and B? If yes tell me please how is it looks like? Did you need a visa to transfer from one terminal to another?

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do I need a visa if my flight via Novosibirsk?

Answered in other topic. Yes, getting to domestic from International you need a visa. Check airport's website for more directions and pictures.

6. Re: Do I need a visa if my flight via Novosibirsk?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 13:16