We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rostov-on-Don

2 posts
1 review
Rostov-on-Don

Hi guys!

My wife and I will be going to Rostov next year for the World Cup. How many days you suggest we spend there to go sightseeing?

Thanks!

33 replies to this topic
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
521 posts
26 reviews
27 helpful votes
1. Re: Rostov-on-Don

Rostov-on-Don is famous for its fish and crayfish. I recommend to taste beer in Russian tradition - with crayfish and fish.

There isn't a lot of sights for the city with the million population. Just walk.

Rostov
1 post
1 review
2. Re: Rostov-on-Don

Not much interesting here to see. There is a Cossack city - Starocherkask, 1h away. If you need any help or information you can email me honu347@gmail.com

1 post
3. Re: Rostov-on-Don

Hi Vanessa!

Thanks for you question!

You can visit the city of Starocherkassk, this is a popular place, near Rostov on Don, to walk better in the venue of matches, and on the streets in the center, such as: Bolshaya Sadovaya, Pushkinskaya.

Have a nice day!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
7,894 posts
71 reviews
216 helpful votes
4. Re: Rostov-on-Don

https://www.tripadvisor.dk/Attractions-g2985…

The place has some military history connections, among other things.

Edited: 21 December 2017, 07:51
5 posts
5. Re: Rostov-on-Don

Hey pro_eve, do you live in Rostov? I will be arriving there towards the end of June for. Croatia vs Island game and would like to know a few things about transoortation, safety, AirBnB etc. Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks

Donegal, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
14 helpful votes
6. Re: Rostov-on-Don

Does anyone know if the train station in Rostov On Don has a left luggage and what the opening times are for it? Thanks.

Korolev, Russia
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
7 reviews
4 helpful votes
7. Re: Rostov-on-Don

It is a major railway station. Of course, it has a 24-hour storage.

Keep in mind that luggage storage calculates the amount for calendar days.

If you put your suitcase at 11:30 and pick up at 00:25 next day, then you will pay for two days!

If you put your suitcase at 00:10 and pick up at 23:30 the same day, then you will pay for one day.

This is a railway miracle and this can not be explained. :)

Alameda, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Rostov-on-Don

I am also interested in these things as I am traveling from Zagreb for this game. I am concerned about how to get from the airport to my room as I am a female traveling alone & do not arrive until 3 in the morning. Thank you.

Denisa

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,767 posts
15 reviews
8 helpful votes
9. Re: Rostov-on-Don

You will be able to get from the airport for sure, even at 3am safely. The problem is - ask for exact advice and pricing later - the airport in Rostov is all-new, and has some startup problems, which will be solved for sure. Taxis will probably be you best bet, as for other transport - let's wait a little.

Korolev, Russia
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
7 reviews
4 helpful votes
10. Re: Rostov-on-Don

I think that the airport will be full of volunteers. Look for young people in red T-shirts

Reply to: Rostov-on-Don
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted