We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rostov-on-Don

2 posts
1 review
Rostov-on-Don

Hi guys!

My wife and I will be going to Rostov next year for the World Cup. How many days you suggest we spend there to go sightseeing?

Thanks!

33 replies to this topic
Rostov-on-Don
Level Contributor
59 posts
31. Re: Rostov-on-Don

$30 USD each person is not a reasonable price at all. Why should you pay for each person if you are going in one and the same car? Uber wants 750 RUB for the same route - about 12$. Ofiical airport taxi service will cost

about 25$ (http://taxiplatov.ru/#).

Russkiy Stil is on the same side as the stadium. Mind that you'll have to go to the stadium on foot as the road on the left bank is blocked on match day.

Neptune Beach...
Level Contributor
444 posts
74 reviews
16 helpful votes
32. Re: Rostov-on-Don

Thank you, I thought that price was high, but also didn't know who is still up and driving at that time! From what I've read on the various TA posts regarding Russia, seems no one ever sleeps LOL. Don't mind walking to the stadium, I guess. Better than being stuck in traffic!

Lucknow, India
Level Contributor
103 posts
110 reviews
90 helpful votes
33. Re: Rostov-on-Don

My response is way too late for this thread, but might help someone who might be coming to Rostov-on-Don and would have a day to spare for a day trip.

My wife and I were here on 2nd July for the Japan vs Belgium game (by the way, and excellent match!) and had 3rd July spare with us. We decided to do a day trip to Azov and Starocherkassk that day. We had used an UBER taxi the previous day for some local trip in Rostov-on-don. We asked the same driver if he could take us to Azov the next day. The price was negotiated to 3000 Roubles. The driver met us at the appointed place in Rostov-on-Don and took us to Azov. It is a very pleasant little town where you can see the vast expanse of the Don and several other monuments. There is a viewing point with "I LOVE AZOV" written which becomes a good photo point too. The driver showed us all the monuments and waited patiently at each spot for us to go around the place a bit. Then he drove us to STAROCHERKASSK, another delightful little town quite far from Azov in another direction. Finally he brought us back to Rostov-on-Don towards the late afternoon. It is a trip well worth doing if you have a day to spare in Rostov. There were only two unfortunate things: (i) the driver did not speak even one word of English and we had to communicate through a translation App on my mobile phone, (ii) his car air-conditioner was not working, which made the trip quite hot - if you are going in summer, please pay attention to this aspect.

Reply to: Rostov-on-Don
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted