We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rostov Airport to city Centre taxi price, etc???

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
13,372 posts
29 reviews
Rostov Airport to city Centre taxi price, etc???

Hello,

I'll be landing in Rostov on Don Airport very early in the morning. Please answer a few questions of mine:

How long does it usually take, to pass immigration at Rostov Airoport?

How much is a taxi ride to the City Centre? Is it a fixed price, or the taxi driver should have a meter on?

I'm planning to get some Roubles from ATM at the airport. Are there any other options? I could pay for my taxi ride in foreign currency ( $,€,£??? Which one is better? ), and to change money later, once in the city.

I'd like to receive recommendations on good restaurants in Central Rostov. Budget is no problem. No dress code ( I'm planning to dress casual ) please. Good food ( various cuisines ), and solid places. Good enough for having conversations, whilst drinking&eating. I need recommendations for 3-4 restaurants altogether.

Thank you very much. Your input shall be highly appreciated.

Yuri.

7 replies to this topic
Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,540 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Rostov Airport to city Centre taxi price, etc???

Yuri U, you surely cannot pay cash other than roubles. ATMs are there, also the taxi deso at the airport would accept cards. As you are fron Israel you migt be familiar to Gett app, which works fine here as well and could be your best solution. I'd install Yandex taxi as well as an additional way out. You will have to use airport's free wifi to use app to call a taxi; or get a Russian SIM right at the airport... Enjoy!

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,540 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Rostov Airport to city Centre taxi price, etc???

I forgot -as for the price, check Yandex and Gett websites about the time of your attival - you will get a good estimation...

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
13,372 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Rostov Airport to city Centre taxi price, etc???

Vasily, thank you for your replies.

I'll be coming for 3-4 days only, to meet an old class mate of mine. I won't be purchasing local sim, so free airport wifi shall come very handy.

Of course I know Gett, since it has been developed in my back yard...

Unfortunately, Rostov-on-Don forum isn't very active. Are there any sites in Russian language, I can turn to with my queries? I'm fluent in Russian.

Yuri.

New York City, New...
7 posts
4. Re: Rostov Airport to city Centre taxi price, etc???

Greetings, Yuri_U

If you are indeed fluent in the language of Vladimir Vladimirovich and Samuil Yakovlevich, look no further than https://afisha.yandex.ru/rostov-na-donu

Other, more specific sites you might find handy are, in no particular order:

https://www.afisha.ru/rostov-na-donu/

https://www.2do2go.ru/rnd

https://m.2gis.ru/rostov?lang=ru

Incidentally, this advice repeats almost verbatim my response to your earlier quiery as you were looking for Moscow attractions worthy of your attention for a late October '18 visit. Which, of course, begs the question - how did your Moscow trip go?

Regards,

Twister, etc.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
13,372 posts
29 reviews
5. Re: Rostov Airport to city Centre taxi price, etc???

Hello Mr Twister,

I assume SM refers to our beloved Marshak. I'm slightly buffled, who the hell the other guy is?

Our trip to Moscow was cancelled ( or postponed ). Being tempted by the very neat date of the Lindisfarne gig in Milton Keynes, England, I've chosen British Folk Rock venue & English Ale consuming over the trip to Moscow. We'll be visiting Moscow eventually, I just don't know when?

Thanks for the links,

Kindest regards,

Yuri.

New York City, New...
7 posts
6. Re: Rostov Airport to city Centre taxi price, etc???

>>> but who the hell the other guy is? <<<

Well, why, Vladimir Vladimirovich Mayakovsky, of course - he and Rostov have quite a history.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
13,372 posts
29 reviews
7. Re: Rostov Airport to city Centre taxi price, etc???

Damn me! I totally forgot about the "Yellow Cardigan" being VV! I recall enjoying a cuppa with Mrs Lilia Brik, back in 77'.

Yuri.

Reply to: Rostov Airport to city Centre taxi price, etc???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted