We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight delay URAL misses our connection

Which Rostov-on-Don hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
192 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Flight delay URAL misses our connection

Can anybody help us please. We have booked flights to moscow from rostov on don in october

we need to connect at moscow and because ural airways have a flight delay of 12 hours, we will miss our connection, the company we booked with are not replying to our email and when we ring up we have been in a very long queue on the telephone at £1.50 per minute.

Will URAL airways offer us a refund as it is their fault? they are not flexible tickets.

in the uk they offer refunds for a delay which misses a connection.

thanks for any help you can give

12 replies to this topic
New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,702 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight delay URAL misses our connection

I don't get it - how do you know there will be a delay in October???

Banbury
Level Contributor
521 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight delay URAL misses our connection

Depends on the airlines terms and conditions, but many reserve the right to alter your flight times up to 12 hours.

If it's an nonrefundable ticket even if you cancel you won't see a cash back.

It's the risk I'm afraid people take when booking separate tickets like this.

Banbury
Level Contributor
521 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight delay URAL misses our connection

<< how do you know there will be a delay in October>>

Change in the schedule, happened to me a few years back with Aeroflot, they wanted me to sit at SVO for something like 22 hours but I was entitled to cancel.

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,702 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight delay URAL misses our connection

I am afraid you are out of luck. I am sure their ticket has a lot of small print absolving them of any and all responsibility for missed connection.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,047 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight delay URAL misses our connection

Believe it or not, but according to current Russian legislation, there is no such thing as a non-refundable air ticket on Russian soil - the customer can always return the ticket and get a refund minus a small fee. I have personally returned "not flexible" Aeroflot tickets and got refunds. But I believe the catch is that the ticket must be physically bought in Russia. What company sold you the tickets?

London, United...
Level Contributor
406 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight delay URAL misses our connection

was there a schedule change by URAL airlines? normally if there is a schedule change you can either accept the change or return the ticket for the full refund.

if there was not a schedule change than the story seems quite strange, why did you book the tickets that did not allow any time for connection?

Banbury
Level Contributor
521 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight delay URAL misses our connection

I recall reading an article about Easyjet and their flights to Moscow, one of the conditions they had to agree to in order to be allowed to fly to Russia was to introduce refunds for this route....its the only route that Easyjet will offer a refund on, but I don't know the exact details.

Oddly though despite what it says in the Russian aircode they still don't offer food or hold luggage as part of the ticket price, something which apparently all the other airlines are obliged to.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
192 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight delay URAL misses our connection

The ticket was booked for 7 am in the morning, this gave us nearly 5 hours at moscow to board a 2pm flight to england.

we have received an email to advise of a 12 hour delay ie 7pm in the evening - we miss our afternoon connection

it doesnt provide any offer of a refund at all

we booked with edreams online - they don't answer the phone

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,047 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight delay URAL misses our connection

Have you read this (click "ticket return rules")?

www.uralairlines.ru/en/passengers-info/rules/

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,047 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight delay URAL misses our connection

PS I think the universal rule is that the airline will only refund the money to the party who actually paid them, so I think you'll have to continue trying to reach edreams...

Reply to: Flight delay URAL misses our connection
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rostov-on-Don