We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Ulaanbaatar to Tbilisi

Ulaanbaatar...
1 post
Save Topic
From Ulaanbaatar to Tbilisi

Hello dear friends.

I really want to participate in Batumi raptor count at from end-August to mid-September in Georgia. But don't have lot of money for spend travel to Tbilisi by flight. And i decided will used bus and train.

I need to know trip way details from Astana to Tbilisi by train.

I thinks good way is Astana-Astrakhan-Volgograd-Krasnodar and Tbilisi by train.

My friend it will be possible or not?

Also i don't know that what way i find about from Astrakhan to Tbilisi by train or bus. It is possible, really great.

Please talk to me about this travel my friends.

I hope your advice would really helpful for me!!!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,218 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Ulaanbaatar to Tbilisi

No train service between Russia and Georgia. And most probably no bus. For a reliable answer, better ask in Georgia forum.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
942 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Ulaanbaatar to Tbilisi

Looking at it a little more closely, it looks like the border between Russia and Georgia is closed for non CIS passport holders. If you aren't from the bloc, you won't be able to make that crossing from Russia to Georgia. You need to enter Georgia via Turkey or Azerbaijan to make this work.. Or fly in. There are flights from Almaty to Tbilisi for about $200 one way. Check Ukraine International, Aerosvit, and Air Astana

3. Re: From Ulaanbaatar to Tbilisi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 16:15