We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Job at Al Khobar please guide for Accomodation

Which Al Khobar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
India
1 post
Save Topic
New Job at Al Khobar please guide for Accomodation

Dear Forum members

I am presently working in India,now I am transferred to Samsung office in Al khobar.

My family consists of wife.Please let me know your valuable advises for a decent family accomodation I can get in Al Khobar.

I am from Gujarat, india and expect advises especially from Gujarati families overthere.Also please let me know any special things I need to take up with my employer before I get transfer

Thanks for all well in advance for having such an online feed back

REGARDS

Gautam

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Job at Al Khobar please guide for Accomodation

Many Indians choose to stay in Khobar City (around King Khalid Street) or in Thougbah which is very near Khobar City.

A lot depends on your place of work and your budget when choosing wher to stay. Not sure where the Samsung office is within Khobar.

Your package should include rental assistance, medical and schooling (if you have should have children).

Good Luck

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
219 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Job at Al Khobar please guide for Accomodation

I agree with the above comments.

You will also need to find out if the contract in Saudi is a single contract or if there is provision for you to take your family. Find out what you are entitled to. They should provide accommodation, health cover and return flights home as a minimum.

There are a lot of Indian people in KSA, mainly I find, from Karola (I hope the spelling is right). All friendly & ready to help.

Riyadh
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: New Job at Al Khobar please guide for Accomodation

Hello achchu,

You might also want to consider moving to a compound, especially if Samsung will pay for your accomodation. I had a friend who live in Al-Bilad compound. There are lots of apartment buildings as well. There's one area (I'm not sure what it's called but it's around the AlRashed Mall) and it's surrounded by apartment buildings. I heard there's also a new apartment building/hotel called the Sand Rose in downtown khobar. I think it's important to choose an area that's commercial so that your wife can easily move around.

hope this helped..

4. Re: New Job at Al Khobar please guide for Accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Al Khobar