We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Hong Kong to / from Guangzhou

Which Guangzhou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
46 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Hong Kong to / from Guangzhou

Hi all

I have used this service before and find it quite good. My question is has any one ever bought a ticket over the internet? I have only ever used China Travel in the past but think if it's reliable the internet would be better. And similarly is booking hotel accom in Gz reliable over the internet ie Hotel Club or similar?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Hong Kong to / from Guangzhou

I just returned from Guangzhou and booked my hotel through ChinaTour.net and had no problem. I stayed at the Lido which is on Beijing Rd. -- right in the center of town. You make the reservation through China Tour but you pay the hotel. The rate is very reasonable. This company books for all over China. It even booked my hotel in Beijing.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Hong Kong to / from Guangzhou

About the train, the cost from Kowloon is about 195 Hong Kong dollars. There is also a bus which is a 3 hour ride which costs about 90. The bus ride was OK. I took it from Guangzhou to HK.

Goulburn, Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Hong Kong to / from Guangzhou

Hi mate, we were in GZ for a trade show in October. We flew into HK and cauht the train to GZ. It was great. About 2 hours, comfortable ride. We had to bus it back to Hk as the Train was fully booked and it took between 3 and 4 hours and you have to get on and off for customs at shenzen with no real idea what you are doing.... If you are not a frequent traveller to china, the train was far easier.

Sydney
Level Contributor
46 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Hong Kong to / from Guangzhou

Thanks for your feedback. I have done the train before and I agree that it is good and far better than the bus. I was wondering if any one had actually purchaed train tickets on the net. I have only used China Travel before. I would comfortably book HK accom on the net but I am not certain of doing the same with China - any thoughts???

Toronto
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Hong Kong to / from Guangzhou

I bought a ticket from HK to Guangzhou recently online directly with the train company.You have to pick up the ticket from Hung Hom station in HK.Completely reliable

Canada
Level Contributor
480 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Hong Kong to / from Guangzhou

Lots of good info here. I just have a few questions about the train tickets. Where is the Hung Hom station? Is that the station that the train to Guangzhou will depart from? And what's the website for buying these tickets in advance?

Thank you!

Toronto
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from Hong Kong to / from Guangzhou

Here is the website:

www.it3.mtr.com.hk/b2c/frmIndex.asp…

Trains to Guangzhou departs from Hung Hom station

You have to pickup your tickets at this station.There are no pickup facilities in Guangzhou even for return tickets from Guangzhou to Hong Kong

8. Re: Train from Hong Kong to / from Guangzhou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 07:17