We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice to visit Guangzhou in December with kids

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
665 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Advice to visit Guangzhou in December with kids

Hello there,

I am planning for a holiday with my kids. Guanzhou is one on our list. Can you advise is December a good time to visit and with kids.

Any good hotel (reasonable price) and places to visit. I read the TA forum December is cool and chilly which I am sure my kids would love the difference comparing Malaysia hot and humid.

Look forward for a useful piece of advice from you.

Thank you.

Regards,

Dina

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice to visit Guangzhou in December with kids

Why is it on your list? It is not a central tourist spot and during December it can be very miserable, weatherwise. Hotel reviews will show you suitable hotels within your budget. I might suggest you spend some time at other places, rather than Guangzhou. Sounds a bit harsh, but unless you have good reasons for being there, Hong Kong, Macau or a number of other places would be much more appealing (or spending more time at).

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
665 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice to visit Guangzhou in December with kids

Dear TK,

You may be right. Thanks and will reconsider.

Regards,

Dina

FAIRFIELD, ILLINOIS...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice to visit Guangzhou in December with kids

hello dina,

i was there july and late november 2008, was married in july (my wife is chinese and lives in guangzhou).

i found the weather nicer in november than july(too hot) but i live in southern illinois USA and november is to cold. I do not know how old your children are, but my wifes boy is 13 and we went to several places. the zoo was nice and had large aquarium and dolphin show. there is also a water park north of city. I found lots of info at http://www.lifeofguangzhou.com/. the boy got to feed the monkeys and hold them. One even climbed on top his head. the pearl river cruise at night is a nice end to the day. hope this helped.

A FAN OF GUANGZHOU

JEFF VAUGHN

USA

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
665 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice to visit Guangzhou in December with kids

Dear Justice,

Thanks for advice. Appreciate it.

Regards,

Dina

Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
397 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice to visit Guangzhou in December with kids

Hello there!

Weather wise, December may not be as cold as one'd expect.

In Guangzhou, as long as there's no cold front coming from the north, winter is rather mild. By that, I'm talking about 18-20 degrees - not much difference in terms of max/min in a day. Even when there's cold front, the chilly days will be gone in 2 or 3 days. It is also the time of the year that sees the least rainfall. I don't think weather should be a big factor for your trip planning.

Hope this helps!

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
42 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice to visit Guangzhou in December with kids

Hi

I am presently working and living in Guangzhou. There is so much to see and do here. i like it better than HK

Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice to visit Guangzhou in December with kids

Hi DinaHo

I'm planning a trip for our family to Guangzhou end of November/beginning of December this year for about 8 days. What we are planning to do is to tour Guilin/Yangshuo as well and spend at least 1 day at Xiangjiang Safari Park at Panyu. There's also a Theme Park there as well as a famous Chimelong Circus Show at night. I'm planning to stay at Hotel Canton which is on Beijing Road (shopping centre) and Hotel Chimelong while at Panyu. I'm trying to book through a local agency here but I think it is actually better if you go through your Malaysian travel agency there because I'm not so sure any extra hidden costs from the local agencies there. Basically, Guangzhou is a place for shopping and eating but there are "unique" experiences too if you look deep. Do let me know if you need any more info.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
665 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice to visit Guangzhou in December with kids

Dear Burung kakak,,

Thanks for your kind advice

Rdgs,

Dina

9. Re: Advice to visit Guangzhou in December with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2010, 06:20