We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it True?

Which Guangzhou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cairo, Egypt
12 posts
Save Topic
Is it True?

Hi there,

I have heard that all the city close for the hole month of Feb.... is this true?!?!

and when is the next Fair?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,362 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it True?

You think? How can a city close down for the whole month?

google search "canton fair": http://www.cantonfair.org.cn/en/index.asp

Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
356 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it True?

Hi there!

I think whoever told you about the shutdown in Feb was referring to the Chinese New Year.

It is only partially true. Chinese New Year holiday peirod could be a tricky time to come for business, depending on what kind of business you're talking about.

For 2010, the Chinese New Year holiday officially is between 13-19 Feb, 14 Feb being the CNY day.

Before the CNY holiday peirod, a small number of business may close a couple days prior to the official holiday day. During the CNY holiday time, most business (and offices) will be closed, except for retails (like shopping malls etc) and restaurants. Some, mostly small and private business, will even extend their shutdown up to 15 days after the CNY day.

However, before and after the CNY holiday periods, business are largely as any other day in the year.

Hope this helps!

Cairo, Egypt
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it True?

thank u so much you really helped me :)

4. Re: Is it True?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2010, 06:18