We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hong Kong-Guangzhou-Shenzhen Visa? Trains?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
332 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Hong Kong-Guangzhou-Shenzhen Visa? Trains?

Hi there, we will travel from Hong Kong to Guangzhou stay there 2 nights and then from Guangzhou to Shenzhen (Louhu shopping) back to Hong Kong...so

1/ can I use the same China visa to exit at shen zhen as I know there is a different visa to enter Shen Zhen than Guangzhou?

2/ the trains from Guangzhou to Shenzhen (louhu)

-what train station do they leave from?

-do I need English to purchase a ticket?

-are there classes of seats?

-can I just turn up and will there be heaps going rather than booking?

thanks for your replies

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,027 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hong Kong-Guangzhou-Shenzhen Visa? Trains?

1. If you have a visa for China it is good everywhere in China (except Tibet) The visa for Shenzhen only is a different story and not appropriate for you in any case.

2. Leave from Guangzhou east. There is a counter for english speaking customers. 2 classes of seats, hard of soft seat. Many trains all days so you can just turn up.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
33,586 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hong Kong-Guangzhou-Shenzhen Visa? Trains?

Practice saying Shenzhen as though it is spelt Shendgen (like the dg in Judge) - or even Shen-gen).. The ticket clerk should be able to understand you.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
332 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hong Kong-Guangzhou-Shenzhen Visa? Trains?

Thank you both. Perfect! We should be able to manage that!!!

4. Re: Hong Kong-Guangzhou-Shenzhen Visa? Trains?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2010, 05:17