We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train from guangzhou to dong guan

Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
381 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
train from guangzhou to dong guan

Hi,

Can I take a train from Guangzhou east railway station to DongGuan?

Can I just arrive at the airport and take line 3 to the railway station and purchase ticket immediately? How much does it cost?

Where does the train stop in DongGuan? From there I need to find my way to Hyatt in Songshan lake area. Approximately how much would a taxi cost from DongGuan railway station?

Mentioned in this post
Guangzhou
Guangzhou
Guangdong, China
Dongguan
Dongguan
Guangdong, China
Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
18,757 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train from guangzhou to dong guan

>> Can I take a train from Guangzhou east railway station to DongGuan? <<

You can. But if you come from the Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, I would suggest takng an airport intercity bus to Dongguan instead of taking a train from Guangzhou east railway station. It is direct. And save you time having to transfer and waiting for the next train. Bus fare is CNY 50:

travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/guangdong/gu…

From the bus depot in Dongguan, catch a taxi to Hyatt. There is another 25km to go it looks like. My guess is taxi fare about CNY 100. If you take metro to Guangzhou East, then train to Dongguan (railway station), you need to take a taxi to your hotel too. The hotel website said taxi fare about CNY 70 from the railway station.

…hyatt.com/hyatt/…

If you are on company expense account, just taxi to Hyatt from the airport. The hotel website suggested CNY 350 for such taxi fare.

Mentioned in this post
Guangzhou
Guangzhou
Guangdong, China
Dongguan
Dongguan
Guangdong, China
Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
18,757 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train from guangzhou to dong guan

P.S. Train time table and fare, Guangzhou East to Dongguan. The D train (faster) - CNY 35.

http://www.chinatrainguide.com/

Enter from "Guangzhou East" to "Dongguan".

Edited: 18 July 2012, 08:00
Mentioned in this post
Guangzhou
Guangzhou
Guangdong, China
Dongguan
Dongguan
Guangdong, China
Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
381 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train from guangzhou to dong guan

Thanks. I'll take bus then taxi to hotel. Where is the bus depot at the airport? I know the metro is on the bottom floor.

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
18,757 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train from guangzhou to dong guan

I think you can follow the signs to the bus depot from inside the airport and find it. Baiyun Airport is very modern.

In researching further, it seems that there might be more than one bus operator offerring intercity buses from the Baiyun Airport. The following one, Baiyunport Airport Express, offers bus service to 2 locations in Dongguan. Of the two, Dongguan Dalang is closer to Hyatt than the other one. It seems only 8km from Hyatt, rather than 25km. Fare CNY 70. Perhaps this may be your best bet. Contact the Hyatt e-mail to confirm with them.

http://www.kgkx.com/en/ShowInfo.asp?ID=3

http://goo.gl/maps/cbK6

They said this company's bus depot is at "Arrival Hall No.A7 Entry / Exit".

Good luck on your trip!

Mentioned in this post
Dongguan
Dongguan
Guangdong, China
5. Re: train from guangzhou to dong guan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2013, 06:16