We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good News--72-hour Visa-free Transit ,1,Aug, 2013

Guangzhou
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Topic
Good News--72-hour Visa-free Transit ,1,Aug, 2013

Guangzhou had been approved by the State Council to carry out this free transit policy on 1,August 2013. That is to say, air passengers from those 45 countries can enjoy 72 hours free transit via Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, This is a great option for someone looking to visit China without getting a visa , the Guangzhou travel agency have increase different itineraries for the foreign tourist .

45 countries:

Argentina, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States.

Restrictions of the 72-hour Visa-free Transit:

1. This regulation does not apply to passengers who travel on round trip flights (e.g., Hong Kong - Beijing - Hong Kong), which means the destination and place of departure can not be the same. That is to say, only those who make transit through Beijing , Shanghai or Guangzhou International Airport to the third country are eligible for this policy.

2. The 72-hour free stay only applies to transit via Airports. Passengers by train or any other vehicles should still apply for a transit G visa in advance.

3. For air passengers who are interested to visit Beijing/Shanghai/Guangzhou during stopover, they should make sure put forward transit permit requests to the airlines taken in advance, so that the airlines can declare it to the airport customs before landing.

4. Visitors are not allowed to leave Beijing/Shanghai/Guangzhou to other cities during the 72 hours. They can only depart from the Beijing/Shanghai/GuangzhouAirport.

5. If visitors are unable to depart on time due to unavoidable reasons, such as flight cancellation or treatment of sudden disease, they need to apply for a visa from Municipal Public Security Bureau (PSB). Otherwise, tourists cannot apply for an extension of stay.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good News--72-hour Visa-free Transit ,1,Aug, 2013

How exactly does one go about doing number 3? I don't think this is a worry.

For number 1, it is the country and not the city of departure/destination that is relevant.

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Good News--72-hour Visa-free Transit ,1,Aug, 2013

Many thanks for your news. I am going to Guangzhou on Sep, how can I find the local travel agency?

Guangzhou
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Good News--72-hour Visa-free Transit ,1,Aug, 2013

In Jiaoju Lu which close to the Beijing Lu Pedestrian Shopping Street, there are many travel agencies

You just need to take the Metro Line 1 or Line 2 ,get off at the Gongyuanqian Metro Station ,Exit D ,and will see the travel agencies on the both side of Jiaoyu Lu (Road).

pictures

guangzhoutravelguide.com/guangzhou_travel/tr…

Edited: 23 July 2013, 12:38
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,664 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good News--72-hour Visa-free Transit ,1,Aug, 2013

Same as Beijing and Shanghai but #3 does not really apply. Is this from an official source?

Guangzhou
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good News--72-hour Visa-free Transit ,1,Aug, 2013

I find from Internet. but the 72-hour Visa-free Transit on 1 aug ,2013 ,

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,664 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good News--72-hour Visa-free Transit ,1,Aug, 2013

Never believe what you read on the internet! Ha! Ha! Just looking for an official source to confirm the application.

Guangzhou
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Good News--72-hour Visa-free Transit ,1,Aug, 2013

hey,I am sorry about that, but I am sure 72-hour Visa-free Transit will start on 1 ,Aug, because the local TV news had report that and the local newspaper had report that .I will keep an eye on that .

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,925 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good News--72-hour Visa-free Transit ,1,Aug, 2013

CTS & CAN are going to have to get their act together to offer more English-speaking services at CAN to help visitors fill in their time rather than expect them to find the travel agencies in town.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,118 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good News--72-hour Visa-free Transit ,1,Aug, 2013

>>Never believe what you read on the internet!

…southcn.com/g/…content_74405190.htm

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,664 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good News--72-hour Visa-free Transit ,1,Aug, 2013

This article says nothing about condition number 3. Same as in Beijing and Shanghai.