We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train from Shenzhen to guangzhou

Which Guangzhou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
train from Shenzhen to guangzhou

My hotel is in Luohu-Dongmen, Shenzhen area. I will be going to guangzhou and would like to know how to get to the Shenzhen Railway Station and what type of train to take and to which station in guangzhou I should stop, whether east, west, north or south. In guangzhou I will be staying in Jiefang South Rd, Haizhu Square. Thanks :)

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,961 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train from Shenzhen to guangzhou

Not sure where your hotel is in Shenzhen. You can walk, taxi, or metro to Shenzhen Railway Station (the main one). Take a train from there.

Since you are going to Haizhu Square in Guangzhou, the best is to take a train to Guangzhou (the main one). From there, you can ride Guangzhou metro Line 2 for a few stops to reach "Haizhu Square" station. Guangzhou East is a bit far from Haizhu Square.

Take the D train. The ride is about 1.5 hour. The G train is faster (like 40 minutes), but it only serves between Shenzhen North to Guangzhou South/North. You will spend more time commuting there on both ends, so it negates the speed advantage.

Edited: 24 August 2013, 05:43
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,320 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train from Shenzhen to guangzhou

I agree with Happyfeet that the G- train is inconvenient at both ends. Better to use SZ main Station, right at the HK border.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train from Shenzhen to guangzhou

Thank you so much, Zhuhai2007 & Happyfeet1234 for your reply. It's been very helpful. :)

Edited: 24 August 2013, 16:44
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
11,485 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train from Shenzhen to guangzhou

Does the bus from Shenzhen stops at Haizhu Square bus depot? if it does, that maybe super easy for christineooi88, just step off the bus at destination spot.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: train from Shenzhen to guangzhou

How long is the journey from Shenzhen to Guangzhou by bus? How is the road condition between this 2 cities?

Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
362 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: train from Shenzhen to guangzhou

Bus from Shenzhen to Guangzhou takes typically 2hrs +/-. Some services may stop at more than one places in Shenzhen before getting on the highway, or/and more places in Guangzhou after getting off the highway, so it can be longer than that.

The road condition is good. The only thing you'll need to pray for is no traffic on the highway. Sometimes small accidents or huge volume of cars (e.g. on Friday and Sunday afternoon) can slow down the bus on the high way. Other than that, no worries about the road.

Hope this helps.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
11,485 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: train from Shenzhen to guangzhou

All new visitors ask for trains, experienced visitors know buses are 50% cheaper and faster, drops you off at the right spots near where you need to go.

Road is modern freeway, traffic jam is always possible anywhere, but never happened to me on multiple trips, we have been on this same HK-GZ routes dozens of times, by train, by bus, by private cars/vans, in 20 years.

Bus from HK to GZ, including immigration is 2.5-3 hours. Direct bus from Shenzhen without border crossing should be much faster, unless if you take the slow local bus which make many stops.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,961 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: train from Shenzhen to guangzhou

If your hotel is within walking distance of Shenzhen Railway Station, and if I were you I would just take the train (then metro Line 2) and be done. Train and metro are more predictable and easier to navigate. If you want to take a bus, ask the hotel concierge to see if there is a bus route to serve your need. Work with the bus driver to tell you where to alight. (Language can be a barrier.) It may be faster. It may be in par.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: train from Shenzhen to guangzhou

Hi all, thanks so much for your responses. now i have a better idea on the transportation options available between shenzhen & guangzhou! :)

10. Re: train from Shenzhen to guangzhou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 06:21