We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Guangzhou to Hong Kong

Which Guangzhou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rosario, Argentina
11 posts
Save Topic
Taxi from Guangzhou to Hong Kong

Hi there! Two friends and I are arriving at the Guangzhou Airport on January 30th (the day before The Chinese New Year). Since we are heading to Hong Kong and train tickets might be sold out by that time, I would like to know how much and possible taking a cab to Hong Kong is.

Has anybody ever done this?

Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Taxi from Guangzhou to Hong Kong

Post No. 10 is right. Non-Chinese usually direct fly to HK. Also, there are so many options to go from GZ to HK, no need a direct bus from CAN airport to HK.

I forgot to mention there are also train to Shenzhen from GZ Station. Not as many as East Station though. I don't think all to trains to Shenzhen would be full, since before the Lunar New Year most people go to north.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
11,485 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Taxi from Guangzhou to Hong Kong

Actually, currently it is not that complicated. You get on curbside bus to Hotel China or GZ East, 22RMB, you get off bus, switch to HK bound bus or train, simple.

All they need is to run few schedules a day, matching China Southern main arrival timeframe. Bus uses HUB system too just like airlines, the hubs are at the border, everybody switch buses after border crossing, so CAN airport to HK bus just feed into border hubs. But things like these are easy said than done, with multiple layers of approvals and contracts, whoever has airport bus license may not let other operators in. or as HF said, not enough market.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
11,485 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Taxi from Guangzhou to Hong Kong

Taxi from CAN airport to Shenzhen border is 700 RMB (US$117), one way, takes over 1 hour. That price quote is today, a day before Chinese new year maybe higher.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
34 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Taxi from Guangzhou to Hong Kong

I was told you can go on line a buy your ticket for the train

15. Re: Taxi from Guangzhou to Hong Kong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 14:11
Rosario, Argentina
11 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Taxi from Guangzhou to Hong Kong

Hey there! I eventually took the train from Guangzhou to Kowloon. It's a roughly 2 hours ride. The train station is well connected to the airport by subway.

Let me know if u have any doubts!

Cheers!

17. Re: Taxi from Guangzhou to Hong Kong

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 14:11
18. Re: Taxi from Guangzhou to Hong Kong

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 07:16