We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The 72-hour TWOV in Guangzhou

Which Guangzhou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Landsberg am Lech...
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
The 72-hour TWOV in Guangzhou

I have Indonesia passport with Germany residencial permit. Im going from Amsterdam to Melbourne through Guangzhou, with 14 hours transit time. I fly with China Southern airline. According to https:/…20130724.shtml about travel without visa policy, I may go out from Cengdu Airport without apply any China visa. Could somebody give a further explanation about this new rules?

Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The 72-hour TWOV in Guangzhou

Don't know what "Cengdu airport" is.

I don't see Indonesia is at the 72 hour visa-free countries list: csair.com/en/…stay_peimit_procedure72.shtml

If your transit is only 14 hours, you can use the 24 hour stay permit: csair.com/en/…stay_peimit_procedure.shtml

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,053 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The 72-hour TWOV in Guangzhou

Every nationality can transit for less than 24 hours visa-free.

There is no Cengdu airport. You flights in and out of China must be non stop. If you mean that your flight will also stop in Chengdu then you total time in China cannot exceed 24 hours.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The 72-hour TWOV in Guangzhou

First Top Question.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
11,891 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The 72-hour TWOV in Guangzhou

Also see "FREE airport hotel for China Southern transit passengers" in top questions.

5. Re: The 72-hour TWOV in Guangzhou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 06:18