We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nansha to HNK ferry

Which Guangzhou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Nansha to HNK ferry

Looking to take the TurboJet ferry from Nansha ferry terminal to Hong Kong Airport. The current plan is to take the Guangzhou subway to Jinzhou station, grab a taxi to the ferry terminal and then take the TurboJet to the airport. I will be doing this on a Sunday in order to catch a 11:30AM flight on Monday. TurboJet lists a bunch of times they'll make the trip, so I was wondering if anyone had any issues or advice, or screaming "Don't Do It's" and why.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,746 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nansha to HNK ferry

It is not clear to me what your plan is.

You are doing this on a Sunday in order to catch a 11:30 am flight on Monday (next day)?

Did you notice the remarks on Turbojet's schedule on this route?

turbojet.com.hk/en/routing-sailing-schedule/…

"Service only available on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays."

There is no ferry running on Sunday nor Monday. Also, I don't think you are qualified to ride a ferry to HKIA unless you have an onward flight on the same day, not the day after (unless the flight is very early or something).

You can catch one of the many bus runs from Guangzhou to Hong Kong Airport easy enough. Runs are through out the day, everyday.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nansha to HNK ferry

I did not see that. Guess I'll just take the train back to Hong Kong from Guangzhou.

Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nansha to HNK ferry

There are buses from Guangzhou directly to HK airport. The earliest one is from Hotel Landmark Canton (5:15 am)/China Hotel (5:30 am). It takes around 4 hours. Still a little bit tight for a 11:30 international flight. If you leave a day in advance, there's no problem.

Edited: 30 March 2014, 13:50
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,746 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nansha to HNK ferry

Very good point, Iyoo.

Same day travel from Guangzhou to catch a flight in Hong Kong departing at 11:30 am is a bit tight.

If you were to stay a night before catching the 11:30 am flight, and want to save some money, can go and stay in Shenzhen, Futian District. Many hotels there. Hotels in Shenzhen are usually at least 50% lower than their counterparts in Hong Kong. From there, taxi to Huanggang border check. Cross the border. On the Hong Kong side, there are frequent airport buses (coaches) to go to the airport. Every 30 minutes I think. The journey takes about 45 minutes or so to reach Hong Kong Airport.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nansha to HNK ferry

That is an idea. I did look into the buses from China Hotel to HKG. If I catch the 5:30AM bus, and everything goes well (yeah right) I could be at the airport around 9AM. I think I like the idea of going to Shenzhen, what's the easiest way to get to Shenzhen subway from Guangzhou?

Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nansha to HNK ferry

take train from Guangzhou East Station to Shenzhen Luohu, border of HK and also linked to Shenzhen subway.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nansha to HNK ferry

Rock. Thank you all very much. Now I just need to book a night at a hotel in Luohu.

8. Re: Nansha to HNK ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2015, 07:15