We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mens Clothing Markets

Christchurch NZ
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Mens Clothing Markets

Can someone recommend a mens clothing market,jeans,shirts etc and maybe sport and casual shoes.Only have 2 days for shopping.Staying in the TIANHE district.Many Thanks

Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mens Clothing Markets

The whole sale market around railway station (Baima, etc) have clothes for men. That one is one of the biggest in the country.

Shi San Hang (Thirteen Factories, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirteen_Factories) also has some wholesale markets. Those are so-called Korean style fashion clothes.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
11,960 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mens Clothing Markets

If you have only 2 days as a retail shopper, don't waste time going to wholesale market, it is not that easy and for men, it is not fun at all. There are many shopping malls in Tianhe area, take a look in those malls, but frankly, spare yourself the agony, they don't have your size, Southern China men are much smaller build, I am 6' tall, most stores don't have my size, I am considered as XXXL size for the local stores. IMHO, mens clothing is pretty ugly and bad taste in GZ, not suitable for foreigners.

There are a bunch of export reject outlets behind Garden Hotel, fair prices, larger western sizes and styles. Unless buying cloth is important to you and you love shopping, it is a costly trip to get there. For most men, we shop when we have to and when convenient.

3. Re: Mens Clothing Markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 06:17