We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to take Airport Bus to Springdale Serviced Residences

Which Guangzhou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
65 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
How to take Airport Bus to Springdale Serviced Residences

Hello, can someone please provide travel tips on taking airport bus to

Springdale Serviced Residences? We arriving in GZ at 10:30pm.

Or should we take the MRT instead? What station is nearest ?

Thank you.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
16,341 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to take Airport Bus to Springdale Serviced Residences

Guangzhou metro should be your first choice. From Airport South, you can take metro to "Linhe West" Station, or "Linhexi" (if all in Chinese). Line 3 Extension.

Guangzhou metro map:

travelchinaguide.com/images/map/guangdong/gu…

But your issue is: last metro from Airport South is 11:00 pm. Plane arriving Guangzhou Baiyun Airport at 10:30 pm, you won't make it to the last train under the best circumstances, unless your plane is early. Deplane, immigration, luggage pick up, custom. And Baiyun is a huge airport.

I am not entirely sure the best airport bus to take for you. Your hotel is near Guangzhou East Railway Station. I believe there is a bus going that way but not sure how late they run. Bus Line 1 runs into the middle of the night (like around 1 to 2 am). It goes to Guangzhou Railway Station (the main one). At a minimum, you can take Line 1 bus there, then take a short taxi ride to your hotel (a few km, fare maybe around RMB 20).

Walking path from Linhe West to your hotel:

http://goo.gl/YhGAV0

Edited: 01 June 2014, 06:45
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
11,891 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to take Airport Bus to Springdale Serviced Residences

How many is "we"? If you have 2, you save $10, if you have 3, you save $4 or $1.33 each person, you can't even buy a burger or a beer with money saved. Just take the taxi, about 100 yuan, US$14. You spend hundreds $ on air and hotel, saving few dollars by bus does not make sense.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
11,891 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to take Airport Bus to Springdale Serviced Residences

Airport bus is about 22 yuan each person, I've seen the buses at airport curbside at 2-3AM just few months ago when we arrived at CAN early morning after midnight.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
65 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to take Airport Bus to Springdale Serviced Residences

Hahaha .... I was more after the convenience rather than the US$ 10 or so that we would save. I have queued for a cab before and it took me about half an hour to get to a cab from the airport so I think hopping onto a bus as we ( two of us ) exit he airport terminal maybe better. On a windy night, the queue won't be a pleasant experience.

Thank you, macbcmini and HappyFeet1234. Will probably that the airport bus to GZ East Railway and hop on a cab to get to Springdale. Hopefully, it will be safe in the area late at night.

Since you are both GZ experts, do you know of a car rental company that can drive us for the day to Foshan?

Edited: 01 June 2014, 10:41
Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to take Airport Bus to Springdale Serviced Residences

Take 6A bus (机场快线6号A线) and get off at Citic Plaza 中信广场. from there about 15 min's walk. The bus runs until the last flight of the day. To Foshan I would take the metro.

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
21 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to take Airport Bus to Springdale Serviced Residences

We arrived earlier and took the Metro number 1 line to W. Tiyu Station which is very easy and cheap. Follow signs from arrivals to Metro. When you have arrived at Tiyu Station follow the signs to Victory Plaza. About 10 mins to walk through all the arcade of shops. When you go up the escalator look for Uni QLO which is a dept store (clothing). Walk along the right hand side of the building to the next corner unless you exit via a 2nd exit to Victory Plaza which will have Uni QLO on the left hand side of you. Still walk to the corner and you will see a sign saying Springdale on the side of a building down the street looking left.The street has car barricades to control traffic flow.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
16,341 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to take Airport Bus to Springdale Serviced Residences

The arrival time of 10:30 pm is too late to take the Guangzhou metro.

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
21 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to take Airport Bus to Springdale Serviced Residences

You can also buy a 3 day Metro pass for about 51 yuan which will give you unlimited travel on Metro for 3 days from the first use. (It is the size of a credit card). We took a photo from the information board on our phone which explains use in Chinese and English show the customer service officer at the service desk what you want as English is very limited.

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
21 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to take Airport Bus to Springdale Serviced Residences

Hi Macbcmini,

Do you know of a contact in Guangzhou where you can buy childrens fabric and have childrens clothes made in large volume from ages 0-8 years. Or any ideas?

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
11,891 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to take Airport Bus to Springdale Serviced Residences

I have seen building signs for children cloth wholesale market from inside the taxis, do not recall where it is. There is a wholesale market for everything in Guangzhou, as you travel inside GZ, you'll see these buildings with signs along the expressways and roads. You can buy 1 or 10,000 in these markets, each market has 100s or 1,000 wholesale shops.

Edited: 15 June 2014, 20:29