We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guilin airport to Yangshuo advice

Stratford, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Guilin airport to Yangshuo advice

hi - my wife will be arriving at Guilin airport around 10:15 am which means (I think) that she will miss the Li River cruises that day - but she needs to get to Yangshuo that evening> What are best options ? I assume she could take a taxi or bus (multiple)

I have been told that she can still enjoy the Li river or similar rivers from the Yangshuo end - so just looking for most efficient way to get down there

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Guilin
Guilin
Guangxi, China
Li River
Li River
655 Reviews
Guangxi, China
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
43,785 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guilin airport to Yangshuo advice

That "cruise" not a big loss any ways. Just head straight to Yangshuo. Taxis are your only options. It is best to have your hotel send a taxi from Yangshuo to pick you up. The taxis in the lineup will try to charge 3 times as much.

Once you get there try to make your way to Yulong river and ride down the river on a bamboo raft. It is much better than the rides on the Li river (where you have white PVC pipes instead of bamboo, motors - very noisy - and fighting for space on the river with those cruise boats coming from Guilin at the rate of about one a minute). Your hotel can arrange this for you.

Mentioned in this post
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
Yulong River
Yulong River
1,448 Reviews
Yangshuo County, China
Li River
Li River
655 Reviews
Guangxi, China
Guilin
Guilin
Guangxi, China
Guilin, China
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Guilin airport to Yangshuo advice

first, cheap one. you can conside the bus ride and she still can arrive Yangshuo in the evening. But it means she has to transfer two times from GL airport to YS.

Second, if you ask the YS hotel to arrange the taxi to pick her from GL airport, this car will count you round way price, witch means YS-GL-YS. But if you contact a GL travel agency, they usually has a transportation team, so they count you one way price from GL airport to YS.

So it is obviously efficient and economic to get a travel agency to arrange it for you.

Mentioned in this post
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
43,785 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guilin airport to Yangshuo advice

I disagree with the above comment. no need for a travel agent. The hotel will send a taxi and you do not pay 2 times the fare. And it would be crazy to go to Guilin then take a bus to Yangshuo, useless detour.

Mentioned in this post
Guilin
Guilin
Guangxi, China
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guilin airport to Yangshuo advice

maybe yujade is a Guilin travel agent...

dkerr - just get your hotel to send a car to pick you up at the airport. I stayed at the Li River retreat and they charge 270Y now for a airport pick up. li-river-retreat.com/Li_River_Retreat_Locati… I expect other places will have a similar price.

Once in Yangshuo, I agree-just take a raft trip on the Yulong River.

Mentioned in this post
Guilin
Guilin
Guangxi, China
Li River
Li River
655 Reviews
Guangxi, China
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
Yulong River
Yulong River
1,448 Reviews
Yangshuo County, China
Deerfield Beach
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Guilin airport to Yangshuo advice

It's easy to check both prices - the hotel pick up and the agency's. the agency transport would make sense, but we find that hotels usually charge a fair price.

Our hotel in Yangshuo charged 250Y.

Mentioned in this post
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
Yangshuo
Level Contributor
323 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Guilin airport to Yangshuo advice

The official boat leave for Yangshuo from Guilin pier usually between at 09:00a.m--10:10a.m,The cruise takes four hours along the Li river.(it takes 35 minutes from Guilin downtown to Guilin pier by Taxi).According to your situation,you couldn't catch the official boat,In that case,I recommend you can take a taxi to your hotel in Yangshuo directly.Then you can ask the hotel to arrange the Li river cruise from Yangdi town to Xingping town along the Li river.the tour takes 4 tours.It will be better.

Mentioned in this post
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
Guilin
Guilin
Guangxi, China
Li River
Li River
655 Reviews
Guangxi, China
7. Re: Guilin airport to Yangshuo advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2010, 05:17