We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

floods and Yangshuo

Melbourne
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
floods and Yangshuo

Hello,

my family are planning to be in Yangshuo beginning of June.

I understand that this is now flood affected. Can you please advise whether their is any flood damage around the town centre - we were planning to stay at the Li River Hotel.

Should we still go - I hope so as I was really looking forward to it.

Guilin
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: floods and Yangshuo

April to July is the rainy season for Guilin and Yangshuo. Flood will happen in June and July. If it happens, the West Street will be filled with water. Last year, the water flooded the first floor of the shops or hotels on the street. One or two days later, water will withdraw. But not every year will happen flood. Hope you good luck.

China Private Travel

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,584 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: floods and Yangshuo

It can't really be predicted. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298556-i9070-k362…

Some years it does not happen. Only a month ago The Li river was effected by drought & the river was down to a trickle in some places.

Best to check closer to your time of travel but it is not usually a big problem when staying in Yangshou.

Yangshuo
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: floods and Yangshuo

Hi,The Li river water level is as usual now.So,don't worry the flood,It won't affect your trip around Yangshuo on June at least.The recently biggest flood of Yangshuo is on June 13th-14th in 2008.I am afraid you have to bring some sun cream.The sunlight in Yangshuo is really very strong.

Edited: 12 May 2010, 04:04
Hong Kong, China
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: floods and Yangshuo

Does anybody have any more info on this? I read about really bad flooding in the Guangxi province around a week after the last person replied (Around the 17th May I think).

I'm thinking about going to Yangshuo this weekend for a few days.

Yangshuo Guilin...
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: floods and Yangshuo

There is no flood nowadays and it is sunny days over 3 days. the water of li river is clear and clean.

guilin private tours

Germany
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: floods and Yangshuo

Hi,

we are planning to go to Guilin and Yangshuo next week (starting in Beijing at the 30th) and I just saw some horrible pictures on …sina.com/china/p/2010/0618/325375.html

Can you please adwise whether it is save at all to go there now? And whether we will be able to do some hiking and sightseeing at all?

Thanks

Yangshuo
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: floods and Yangshuo

At present,The floods only affect some provinces in the south of China,Some of them suffer serious floods damage, such as Jiangxi province,Fujian province,Canton province and Guangxi province.It's cloudy during the last few days in Guilin and Yangshuo,But the weather report said a new round of heavy rain will cover Guilin again since tomorrow and will keeps 3-4days(on Jun 23th-26th).More update weather report,you can stick to tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298556-i9070-k371…

wisconsin
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: floods and Yangshuo

Hi, It has been over a month since the last update on the flooding in Guilin and Yangshuo - is there still flooding? We are planning to visit around Sept 10, 2010. Will the flooded river level be low again at that time? Will the cities be a mess and not worth visiting or will it be cleaned up? Thanks in advance

Yangshuo
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: floods and Yangshuo

There is no floods at all since June 25th in Guilin and Yangshuo area.So don't worry about it!

Geneva, Switzerland
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: floods and Yangshuo

Hello,

I should arrive in Yangshuo on Monday (2 August) - the rainy season should come to its end but is the situation ok at this point?

Thank you!