We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guilin to Hong Kong

Which Guilin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
93 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Guilin to Hong Kong

Where is the best place to fly to when going to Hong Kong if I cant get a direct flight to Hong Kong from Guilin,thanks

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guilin to Hong Kong

Shenzhen airport. Are you sure there are no direct flights to HKIA?

Guilin
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Guilin to Hong Kong

Not sure about your question. Do you mean weather there is a direct flight from Guilin to Hong Kong? If so, the answer is yes. There are several flights each day flight to Hong Kong from Guilin airport and usually they departures at around 17:20 and 18:00.

China Private Travel

Yangshuo
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Guilin to Hong Kong

I think the Flight CZ3031 of China South Airline leave for HongKong from Guilin directly everyday.

Beijing, CHINA
Level Contributor
550 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Guilin to Hong Kong

The cheaper way is that taking by night train T37/40 (21:23--10:35) from Guilin to Shenzhen (1030km) lasting about more 13 hours and then transfer by boat or bus from Shenzhen to Hong Kong. It depends on your cost and time.

Scotland
Level Contributor
93 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guilin to Hong Kong

I seen the Guilin to H.K flight but thought it was a bit expensive as Iam travelling with my wife an daughter I thought it would be cheaper and we dont have to wait all day for the flight .So i thought get the morning flight to Shenzen and then......this bit i dont know get train,bus or boat which is best that means we will get most of the day in H.K . Thanks for your help

Scotland
Level Contributor
93 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guilin to Hong Kong

Can you tell me what like the overnight train is do you get a cabin to sleep in there will be four of us ,how much is it where would we book it. Thanks

Beijing, CHINA
Level Contributor
550 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Guilin to Hong Kong

The soft sleeper cabin are divided into separate compartments and each compartment has two lower and two upper berths. Sheets and blankets are provided and they are generally of good standard. Washrooms and toilets are located at both ends of the compartment. Soft sleeper always costs twice as much as hard sleeper. Therefore, soft sleeper tickets are more easily available. The soft sleeper is RMB362/379 and hard sleeper RMB234/249. Commission RMB30/ticket or so.

Travelingislife

Edited: 11 June 2010, 15:57
Scotland
Level Contributor
93 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Guilin to Hong Kong

Would I have to book the tickets over there or do you know a website I could do this on thanks

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Guilin to Hong Kong

I think the price for soft sleeper might be around 400Rmb now. Agents or hotels n Yangshuo / Guilin can get you tickets, but add on commission of around 30-40 Rmb per ticket. There is no online selling of train tickets in China besides through expensive agents.

From Shenzhen train station you walk to the Lo Wu border, cross it, then catch the MTR train into Hong Kong.

Guilin - Shenzhen air tickets can be quite cheap-under 400 Rmb a person. However, you have to book at the right time.

From Shenzhen airport, the easiest way to Hong Kong is the direct bus to Kowloon station costing 90Rmb a person. You see the counter selling tickets when you come out of baggage reclaim.

Scotland
Level Contributor
93 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Guilin to Hong Kong

Thanks I will do that