We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible trip to Guilin

Which Guilin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
222 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Possible trip to Guilin

Ok, so I see on the threads that the flooding has pretty much subsided, but I'm wondering about the weather in general. Is it worth making the trip to Guilin if its raining and cloudy the whole time? Will it be possible to see the scenery, etc or will socked in with clouds? If we go, it will be around Wed of next week.

Thanks!

Yangshuo Guilin...
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible trip to Guilin

It is sunny and cloudy today, no flood any more, you can do the li river cruise, watch liu sanjie light show, bike tour in Yangshuo, do outdoor activities, visit parks, it is clear.

The water level is good for regular boat from Guilin to Yangshuo, but not for bamboo rafting from Yangdi to Xingping or in Xingping section.

On the tours in Guilin Yangshuo for 3 days.

Suggested itinerary for your referecne:

Day 1. Guilin city tour, visit Ronghu lake, Fir Lake, Twin Pagoda, center city, elephant hill, Reed Flute Cave. stay in Guilin

Day 2. Li river cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo, by regular boat, around 4 hours. stay in Yangshuo

Day 3. Yangshuo country tour, visit village, bamboo rafting in Yulong river, Moon Hill, Banyan Tree Park.

guilin private tours

Yangshuo
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible trip to Guilin

Hi Marsy.

The question you asked is really to the point.

Yes,The floods has already subsided almost a week ago,But to be quite frank,It's not fully sunny in its true sense during the past 5 days,It's almost cloudy or overcast in most cases during these days,The rain shower or light rain appeared now and then,The visibility of the sky is not very well indeed due to the not much of clouds.Maybe it could be affect your mood or not perfect to take nice photos outside.The weather forecast indicates it will be cloudy accompany with rain shower in the following days! by the way,It's light rain with heavy mist in Yangshuo today(on Jun 27th) just you concerned.It's 24-29centigrade toady.In my opion,This kind of weather couldn't maintain a long time,When the temperature rise in the following days,The mist could disappear soon,Guilin and Yangshuo is attractived by its unique karst peaks,Worth to pay a visit despite it's not all the ideal you are expected.What do you think?I will see what's going on the weather like tomorrow.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
222 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Possible trip to Guilin

Thanks both of you for your replies. I think we will come. Jadeleo, could you suggest where to go to find the tours that you mentioned?

Thanks!!

Yangshuo
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Possible trip to Guilin

If you don't need a private tour guide assist you to do this tour,You can ask the hotel to book the tours for you,I think the concierge will glad to arrange the tours for you!

shanghai
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Possible trip to Guilin

Gui ling is very beautiful place , I think you have to go when the weather getting better , I went to li river , yang shuo & long sheng stay at top of the moutain in hotel , it was great ! I still miss there so much !

Hope you have a wonderful trip there!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
222 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Possible trip to Guilin

Thanks again for your posts everyone. Any hotel recommendations?

Yangshuo
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Possible trip to Guilin

These hotels were well recommended on TA often.

Guilin city:

Sheraton Hotel

Bravo hotel

Park hotel

Ronghu lake hotel

Jingguanminglou hotel

Grand 0773 hotel

Longji rice terrace:

Li An Lodge

Shenglongtang hotel

Ping An hotel

Yangshuo county:

1.Countryside hotel

Mountain Retreat

Li river Retreat

Yangshuo Resort

Moon Resort

2.Downtown hotel

Green lotos hotel

Sovereign hotel

Tangrenjie hotel

Regency Holiday Hotel

River view hotel

Rose wood Inn

Edited: 28 June 2010, 02:10
isreal
Level Contributor
5 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Possible trip to Guilin

We have been ther from JUN, 16 till JUN,21. It was raining most of the time. But most of the time it was light rain. During one night it was pouring rain. We felt that because we were in Pingan to see the terrace fields and we stayed overnight and in the morning we were stuck for few hours because the road got blocked by mud and rocks. Overall we still enjoyed the scenery. The lee river cruise was much faster than the nominal 4-5 hours (in actual it took 2-3 hours because of the faster currents) . The boat is protected from the rain , still we went to the outer deck to enjoy the scenery better although we got wet. In Guilin we had to move around with an ambrella at all times. In elephant trunk hill we could not cross to the hill because all the bridges were flooded. My understanding from our local guide was that this is not rare for that period of the year , therefore, I think one cannot rely on the weather forcast. By the way, on the day after we did the Lee river cruise our guide told us we were lucky because the cruises got cancelled .

9. Re: Possible trip to Guilin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2010, 05:16