We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct bus/Minivan runs between Guilin and Pingan/Dazhai

Yangshuo
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Direct bus/Minivan runs between Guilin and Pingan/Dazhai

Due to more and more travelers concern about the bus transfer from Guilin to Pingan/Dazhai, I also visited Longji rice terrace a few times this year, I found there are some drivers operated some direct buses or Minivans run between Guilin and Pingan/Dazhai everyday. They only charge 40rmb for each person for this direct bus/minivan transfer service. So I think it’s a very good news for western tourists.

At present, This direct transfer service frequently open to Chinese tourists in most cases. Because most of the drivers can only speaking Chinese, So it's hardly to make a reservation with the driver directly by phone in advance. The bus usually contains 19 seats, The Minivan usually belong to 7 seats Minivan, 11 seats Minivan and 14 seats Minivan (depend on the the number of tourists).It runs approx 2.5hours from Guilin to Pingan/Dazhai or vice versa.

The time schedule for bus/Minivan runs between Guilin and Pingan/Dazhai as follows;

1. Guilin train station - Pingan entrance

Depart from Guilin train station square to Pingan entrance:

In the morning: 09:00 a.m 10:00 a.m

In the afternoon:14:00 p.m

Return to Guilin train staion from Pingan entrance

In the morning: 10:00 a.m 12:00 a.m

In the afternoon: 14:00 p.m

2.Guilin train station - Dazhai entrance

Depart from Guilin train station square to Dazhai entrance

In the morning: 08:30 a.m 09:00 a.m

In the afternoon: 14:00 p.m

Return to Guilin train staion from Dazhai entrance

In the morning: 11:30 a.m

In the afternoon: 12:30 p.m 16:30 p.m

According to TA Guidelines, Any potential commercial contact info is not possible to post in this forum, So if someone are interested in this direct transfer service or want to know more details, Please send me a private message through TA.

Edited: 03 August 2010, 02:26
79 replies to this topic
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Direct bus/Minivan runs between Guilin and Pingan/Dazhai

Hello,

First thanks for taking the time to post this valuable info on a region a bit shy on information.

We (2 people) will be arriving at the Guilin Airport on Oct 4th at 4PM. That sounds too tight to me to catch the 4:30 minivan from train station. What could be my options and what would be the cost?

Thanks for any information you can provide

Yangshuo
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Direct bus/Minivan runs between Guilin and Pingan/Dazhai

Hi spartac.Since I have noticed that you have posted some question refer to the trip to Guilin,Longji rice terrace and Yangshuo in TA recently.To be quite frank,Travel to China during China's National Holiday Day(The first week of Oct) is really a kind of suffering for the western travellers.

Because there are at least 50,000,000 Chinese people are willing to spend these seven days to travel outside.So most of touristy cities such as Beijing,Xian,Shanghai,Guilin,Kunming,Lijiang,etc will be full of Chinese tourists.But Because your itinerary has already fixed.Anyway,Hope your everything goes well during you trvavel around China during China's National Holiday Day.Make sure everything(included hotel booking,transfer,entrance tickets,activities etc) runs smoothly before you left for China.

About the direct bus/Minivan runs between Guilin and Pingan/Dazhai,The Last Direct bus/Minivan leave for Dazhai is 14:00p.m not 16:30p.m,The last direct bus/Minivan return to Guilin from Dazhai is 16:30p.m.(You can check what I posted above again).

It obviously too late to take the last direct bus to Dazhai from Guilin train station while the last direct bus has already left at 14:00p.m from Guilin train station,In that case,I suggest you can stay the first night in Guilin city.Then take the direct bus/Mini van which leave for Dazhai at 09:00a.m at the next day.It could be better.If you want more details,please PM me through TA,I can show you more details.

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Direct bus/Minivan runs between Guilin and Pingan/Dazhai

Or head straight to Dazhi from the airport by taxi.

Yangshuo
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Direct bus/Minivan runs between Guilin and Pingan/Dazhai

Hi spartac.Since I have noticed that you have posted some question refer to the trip to Guilin,Longji rice terrace and Yangshuo in TA recently.To be quite frank,Travel to China during China's National Holiday Day(The first week of October) is really a kind of suffering for the western travellers.You have to know that There will be at least 100,000,000 Chinese people willing to spend these seven days to travel outside.(In 2009,The total number of Chinse tourists reach to 228,000,000).So most of the touristy cities such as Beijing,Shanghai,Xian,Kunming,Lijiang,Guilin,Yangshuo,Hangzhou etc will be full of Chinese tourists.Most of things will be double price charge than usual. But Because your itinerary has already fixed.Anyway,Hope your everything goes well during you trvavel around China.Make sure everything(Hotel booking,Transfer,entrance tickets,activities ect) runs smoothly before you left for China.

The last bus/Minivan leave for Dazhai from Guilin train station is 14:00p.m not 16:30p.m,The last direct bus/Minivan return to Guilin train station from Dazhai is 16:30p.m.You can check the time schedule which I posted above again.

If your flight land in Guilin airport at 16:00p.m,It obviously too late to catch the last direct bus/Minivan since the last direct bus/Minivan has already left at 14:00p.m from Guilin train station,In that case,I suggest you can stay the first night in Guilin city,Then take the direct bus/Minivan leave for Dazhai at 09:00a.m at the next moring.It could be better.If you want to know more details info about the direct bus/Minivan,Please PM me through TA.I'm glad to share my expertise with you!

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Direct bus/Minivan runs between Guilin and Pingan/Dazhai

Why the double post Jack? No commission if he gets a taxi?

Yangshuo
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Direct bus/Minivan runs between Guilin and Pingan/Dazhai

Sorry,Because This page indicate that it could be failed to post,So I have to write it again.I just want to tell the tourists that it's really a very good as well budget access to reach Pingan/Dazhai from Guilin directly,but not for any purpose.If this post offend someone here,Sorry for that!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Direct bus/Minivan runs between Guilin and Pingan/Dazhai

Thx to both of you for the input. Unfortunately timewise I don't have the luxury to spend one night in Guilin. It's either I spend the night in Longshen and leave the next day for 2 nights in Yangshuo. Or head straight to Yangshuo and spend the last day in Longshen.

So what would a taxi from Airport to Dazhai. I guess there is no straight bus from Airport to Dhazai. Or Even Longshen.

Thanks again. This is a bit our of uncharted territory and my arrival time does not help.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Direct bus/Minivan runs between Guilin and Pingan/Dazhai

How much would a taxi roughly cost to go from Guilin to Dazhai?

brisbane australia
Level Contributor
358 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Direct bus/Minivan runs between Guilin and Pingan/Dazhai

Hi just thought i would jump in here. we had a guide and driver cancel on us after arriving in guilin at 7 pm expecting to leave next morning.

following Jacks advice - we went to the train station and sure ennough got a bus up there for 40rmb (Dazhai). the next day we caught another one back on our own - same price. we left most of our luggage at the hotel who were only to happy to keep it overnight. a very easy process in the end. the hotel actually told us that there were no buses from the train stationg - trust me there were buses!!!

Heather

Yangshuo
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Direct bus/Minivan runs between Guilin and Pingan/Dazhai

Hi Heather

Glad to hear about your feedback and experience about this direct bus transfer service.Hope more and more travelers could benefit from this thread.

Reply to: Direct bus/Minivan runs between Guilin and Pingan/Dazhai
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted