We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guilin to Hong kong

Sheffield
2 posts
Save Topic
Guilin to Hong kong

Hiya,

I will be travelling around china in october this year, part of our itinerary involves getting from guilin to hong kong, the flights I have looked at are quite expensive and was wondering if anyone had advice whether travelling by train would be possible instead?? Thanks

Annie

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Guilin to Hong kong

There's no direct train from Guilin to Hong Kong, but you could take a train from Guilin to Shenzhen/Guangzhou and change to a train to get you to Hong Kong from there.

If you're actually going from Yangshuo to Hong Kong, take the sleeper bus to Guangzhou and change to train/bus to get to Hong Kong from there. In this case, you won't have to backtrack to Guilin.

BTW, if you'd like to fly for cheaper (than directly to Hong Kong), fly from Guilin to Shenzhen. Reason being Shenzhen would be considered a domestic flight and thus loads cheaper than Hong Kong, which's considered international.

Guilin of China
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Guilin to Hong kong

you can fly trom guilin to shenzhen, then take bus to shenzhen train station, then by train to hongkong, it will save you a lot of money.

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
3,194 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guilin to Hong kong

I flew from Shenzhen to Guilin and back. I took the ferry from Hong Kong to Shenzhen, it is very fast a very easy. It beats the bus for sure and I think is probably much easier even than the train.

ShenZhen, China
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Guilin to Hong kong

HongKong will always be overpriced, whatever you take. So You'd better fly from Guilin to ShenZhen (between 400 to 800RMB depending on the season/discount) and take a bus/train/metro/ferry to HK. The cheapest solution should be airport bus#330 (20RMB) to LuoHu train station. Then just cross the border and take the KCR :)

Trains are so-so-so-sloooowww, but you can take them to ShenZhen/LuoHu station and just cross the border (250-300RMB)

For nearly the same price as the train (200-250RMB) you can take a night bus to ShenZhen which is much faster. The problem is that they all arrive in different area of the city (Futian bus station, YinHu bus station) wich are far from the border. So unless you know ShenZhen you'd better avoid it. You must also know what is a sleeping-bus in China or it can become a nightmare.....

5. Re: Guilin to Hong kong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 06:22