We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guilin- Ping'an- Dazhai - Yangshuo in one day?

Athens, Greece
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Guilin- Ping'an- Dazhai - Yangshuo in one day?

Hi to everyone!

I am travelling Guilin (1 night) and Yangshuo (2 nights) between 3-6 May 2013.

The day which I am moving from Guilin to Yangshuo ( Saturday 4 May) I am thinking of visiting the rice terraces at Longji.

I will hire a driver and I am wondering if it worth visiting both Ping'an village and terraces and Dazhai or should I choose one of them (I am not interested only to see the terraces but also a traditional village and the locals)?

The road connecting Guilin/Yangshuo and Longji how dangerous it is? I mean what time should be safe to leave the terraces to head back Yangshuo?

The following itenary sounds reasonable?

- 09:00 - 11:00 Guilin - Ping'An village

- 11:00- 13:00 Terraces viewpoints at Ping'An

- 13:00- 13:30 Ping'An - Dazhai village

- 13:30 - 16:00 Explore terraces and village

- 16:00 - 19:00 Dazhai - Yangshuo

Thank you in advance for your time!

tantouzhai
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Guilin- Ping'an- Dazhai - Yangshuo in one day?

Dear friend:

this is hannah from da zhai rice terraces tian tou village,You have no way to visit pin an and da zhai for one day

Unless you live in one of those places,then hiking! our inn have a Private car from gui lin direct to da zhai Departure time:8:30PM,IF If you want to know more details please cheak here:www.kaikaitravel.com or www.tianranju.info

hope this helps,have fun!

Athens, Greece
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Guilin- Ping'an- Dazhai - Yangshuo in one day?

Thank you Hannah!

You mean there is no road for vehicles between the two villages? Hiking between the two villages is about 4 hours. Isn't it? I don't think I have that much time. Are there any signs in the paths to viewpoints?

Guilin
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Guilin- Ping'an- Dazhai - Yangshuo in one day?

There is only small field road between Ping'an and Dazhai, and it requires around 4 hours for walking. It is advised to stay one night in Dazhai or Ping'an village. In fact, Dazhai is recommended and you can just visit it and back to Yangshuo on the same day. Optional if you are interested in more primitive village to enjoy terrace field, then the other village name Longji Old Zhuang Zhai (龙脊古壮寨) is advised.

tantouzhai
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Guilin- Ping'an- Dazhai - Yangshuo in one day?

Hi friend if you don`t have much time i think it is better just around da zhai rice terracee,here have three spots

You can depend on the time you arrive to see which sites,or mabye see here:

(1)arrive dazhai parking lot take cable car to NO 3 View point abot 20minute ,then from NO3 hiking to tian tou village then to NO1 View point abotu(2--2.5hours) where you will have a panoramic view of the whole area of da zhai rice terrace,then from NO1 view point pass tian tou village stay in tian tou village,then the next day morning to NO2 View point here you will see the thousand layers to the heaven

(2)arrive dazhai parking lot take cable car to NO 3 View point abot 20minute ,then from NO3 hiking to tian tou village then to NO2 View point here you will see the thousand layers to the heaven,then walk to da zhai .back to gui lin

Have fun

Edited: 25 April 2013, 11:17
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
9,175 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guilin- Ping'an- Dazhai - Yangshuo in one day?

What time do you arrive in Guilin on May 3? If before 15:00, then I'd arrange a pickup at airport or train station and go straight to Dazhai, skipping staying in Guilin. Spend the night in Dazhai or Tiantouzhai and get up for sunrise and morning terrace hiking, then midday on May 4 get transport to Yangshuo--there should be a shared minivan available to keep the cost down.

6. Re: Guilin- Ping'an- Dazhai - Yangshuo in one day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 07:17