We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guilin

Which Guilin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pune, India
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Guilin

I will be in Guilin from 8th June to 11th June'2013. I read it rains heavily in June. We are a family coming to guilin for Li River Cruise. I would like to know whether it operates in heavy rain also ? Is it safe in June to take Li River Cruize? please advise the appropriate clothes to carry and shoes. Also tell me the footwear to suit the season? Are there any vegetarian hotels????

Zurich, Switzerland
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Guilin

you can have the river Cruise as well , but you need a rain coat, which you can buy everywhere if it is raining.... so waterproof shoes are necessary.... i guess there is no hotel for vegetarian, but of course you can order food without meat in any hotel

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,915 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guilin

It may flood once but also may not in Jun. Rafting is stopped but cruise can hardly be affect. You know they have dam upsteams to balance the water down to Yangshuo especially for those tourist shipps.

Jun is summer already, water shoes are advised.

Guilin, China
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Guilin

there is no vegetarian hotel in Guilin, but you may consider to cook your own food like most Vegetarian Indians who travel to Guilin. Apartment/vacation rental, instead of hotel, will be your resolution.

for example, https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/458353

Guilin
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Guilin

Usually the heavy rain does not affect the cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo, except it floods seriously. The chance of getting serious flood is quite small as well. It is hot summer in June in Guilin, T-shirt and sandals are advised.

For Indian food, you can find one restaurant named Kali Mirch Indian Cuisine (name in Chinese 黑胡椒印度餐厅) nearby the Sheraton Hotel in Guilin and one on West Street in Yangshuo.

l r
guilin
Level Contributor
77 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guilin

The cruise boats on Li River are large in size. Flooding or not only affects the place you disembark. If it floods, you'll be dropped off 500m away from West Street Pier where boats anchor at the normal time.

Summer-gears are required applying to you.

Have a nice trip!

Pune, India
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guilin

hello,

thanks for your reply

Pune, India
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guilin

Thank you. I can go on cruise.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Guilin

thanks

Pune, India
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Guilin

thanks

10. Re: Guilin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 07:18