We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yangshou to Ping'an to Dhazai

knoxville
Level Contributor
16 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Yangshou to Ping'an to Dhazai

I am taking the early bus from Yangshuou to Ping'an. My question is should I spend the rest of the day in Ping'an and spend the night before hiking to Dhazai? Or should we just go ahead and hike to Dhazai after arriving in Ping'an and save a day on our 14 day independent travel?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yangshou to Ping'an to Dhazai

It's really a personal choice- you can do it in a day and it is an incredible experience or if you would like to spend a bit more time there it is a beautiful place to spend the night- it really depends what you want to do on the rest of your trip and whether you think you have a day to spare.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yangshou to Ping'an to Dhazai

Depends on your arriving time.

From Ping’an checkpoint to Dazhai, my hiking record is 4.5H.

knoxville
Level Contributor
16 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yangshou to Ping'an to Dhazai

I think I will relax and spend the afternoon in Ping'an. I am taking mt 17 year old son who speaks Mandarin well. Will we be able to meet and mingle with locals?

Guilin
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Yangshou to Ping'an to Dhazai

It is a good idea to have a rest before taking the long hours’ hiking in the afternoon, especially in summer days. If you stay at Ping’an, which is a Zhuang minority people village, you will be stay in a local hotel opened by a local people. When hike to Dazhai, you will meet Yao minority people as well.

chengdu
Level Contributor
151 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yangshou to Ping'an to Dhazai

It is nice to wander around and take pictures at Pingan, there are plenty of hostels. It takes you about 1 hour to walk to a Yao people village, it is very original there. The next day, you will spend 4 hours to hike to Dazhai。 All in all, I recommend you to stay 1 night at Pingan.

knoxville
Level Contributor
16 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yangshou to Ping'an to Dhazai

We did stay extra day in Pingan and that was a good call. Enjoyed a few hikes up to some peaks.

7. Re: Yangshou to Ping'an to Dhazai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2015, 06:17