We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATMs in Guilin, Yangshuo, Chengyang, Zhaoxing, PingAn

Neuchatel...
Level Contributor
143 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
ATMs in Guilin, Yangshuo, Chengyang, Zhaoxing, PingAn

Can anyone please give me some information about the availability of ATMs that take Maestro debit bank cards in Guilin, Yangshuo, Chengyang, Zhaoxing, PingAn? We were in Beijing last year and noticed that many ATMs - even in such a large city - didn't always accept them.

Much appreciated:)

Mentioned in this post
Guilin
Guilin
Guangxi, China
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
USA
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: ATMs in Guilin, Yangshuo, Chengyang, Zhaoxing, PingAn

In Guilin, you find banks at every corner. I've never had any problems (in 2 years) but some friends had to try 2 or 3 ATMs recently to find one that accepted their overseas card.

In Yangshuo, there are some ATMs at the entrance of West Street near KFC.

Mentioned in this post
Guilin
Guilin
Guangxi, China
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
West Street
West Street
2,563 Reviews
Yangshuo County, China
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
44,046 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATMs in Guilin, Yangshuo, Chengyang, Zhaoxing, PingAn

He is not asking about ATMs but about those accepting Maestro cards.

Guilin, China
Level Contributor
35 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATMs in Guilin, Yangshuo, Chengyang, Zhaoxing, PingAn

Find the ATMs from mastercard.com mastercard.us/cardholder-services/atm-locato…

I think every ATMs of the same issue bank would accept your card.

Neuchatel...
Level Contributor
143 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATMs in Guilin, Yangshuo, Chengyang, Zhaoxing, PingAn

Hi everyone! I'm updating my own post, since I have just been to China and am now back. My question was not about Mastercard, nor about Visa, but about MAESTRO bank direct debit cards - used in Europe! ONLY the Bank of China ATMs will accept them, and NOT all the other banks. In Yangshuo there is one at the end of West Street. In the smaller towns / villages I mentioned there are no ATMs that will take them. I wonder when China will change this! Even in Beijing last year there were lots of ATMs that didn't.

Mentioned in this post
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
West Street
West Street
2,563 Reviews
Yangshuo County, China
USA
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: ATMs in Guilin, Yangshuo, Chengyang, Zhaoxing, PingAn

Jean-Pierre D,

sorry for not expressing myself clearly but that was exactly what I was referring to. I was talking about how I didn't have any problems with a similar card in Guilin city for the past 2 years.

Not sure what's wrong with that.

Mentioned in this post
Guilin
Guilin
Guangxi, China
melbourne
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATMs in Guilin, Yangshuo, Chengyang, Zhaoxing, PingAn

My Australian card has Maestro and Cirrus symbols on it and provided you are linked to a savings account and not a cheque account you should have fewer problems. Mastercard/Maestro/cirrus are one network covering the three products so if the ATM has either symbol then it should work for the other two. If your card is linked to a cheque account then get your bank to change how the card works so that it considers your cheque account to be a savings account. i did this by phone to my Australian bank when i lived in China.

Edited: 10 September 2013, 04:37
Mentioned in this post
7. Re: ATMs in Guilin, Yangshuo, Chengyang, Zhaoxing, PingAn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 07:18