We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yangshuo-longji in March

Which Guilin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
yangshuo-longji in March

Hi!

My 2 daughters (9 and 11 y-o) and I will be in Guilin, Yangshuo, Longji at the end of March for 8 days. We are good hikers (this is our favorite family activity) and are planning to go to Longji for 1 or 2 nights, then Yangshuo for 5 days, then Guilin the last day, though not necessarily in that order. My question relates to weather: all guide books say March is bad for fog and clouds.... I'm kind of an optimistic person but is it realistic to plan Longji during that time of year? Will we see anything at all of the terraces? Our other option would be to stay fewer days in the Guilin area and spend more time instead in Yunnan (our next destination) and try to see the rice terraces there.

Any ideas/expériences with weather at the end of March?

Thank you!

tantouzhai
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: yangshuo-longji in March

I suggest you spend most time in Yangshuo not in Guilin city. Longji rice terraces ,and Sanjiang Dong Minority, March on the rice terrace start warming you can hiking here see the Minority Yao and the Zhuang spend 2nights there,and that time you will see Canola flower,then move Sanjiang you will walk in the villages, visit the Wind and Rain Bridges, Drum-Tower and water-wheels spend 1 or 2nights there,after move Yang shuo,you can doing Yulong river bamboo rafting,hiking ,Cycling kayaking etc...

2. Re: yangshuo-longji in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 05:18