We are going to Guilin in mid-April and are trying to fix our itinery. From what we read we are thinking of Guilin - Yangshuo - Longji Rice Terrace. Really appreciate if someone can advise on below:
1. We will arrive at Guilin airport. Is it easier / faster to get transport directly from Guilin airport to Yangshuo (rather than going to Guilin city and then transfer to the RMB18 bus)? What will be the approximate cost?
2. Does it make sense to go from Yangshuo direct to Longji Rice Terrace, or does one have to commute back to Guilin first? What will be the approximate cost?
3. Should we book the rafting in advance or we can ask hotel front desk to arrange for us when we arrive? We note that many locals book their rafting, transport, tickets online, but don't know how. Any similar channels for foreigners?
4. Will climbing up the Longji Rice Terrace be too demanding for 8 years old?
5. Lastly we are chewing on the following options:
(arrive Guilin 10.30 am first day and flight out is 4pm on last day)
1 night Guilin - 2 nights Yangshuo - 1 night Longji Rice Terrace - 1 night Guilin OR
2 nights Yangshuo - 1 night Guilin - 1 night Longji Rice Terrace - 1 night Guilin OR
3 nights Yangshuo - 1 night Longji Rice Terrace - 1 night Guilin
Thanks in advance for your feedback!!