We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guilin Guangzhou

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Guilin Guangzhou

I am planning to go for 10D9N holiday covering Guilin and Guangzhou

2 pax to go

I am flying to Guilin on 5/5/14 (0620) and leaving from Guangzhou(Can)-Kuala Lumpur on 14/5/14

I would like to go to Guangzhou, Guilin, Yangshuo, Zhaoqing,Lipu and Hezhoa

Can someone advise me on the itinerary?

I would like to stay in Guangzhou for at least 2 days

Can i book tours locally in Guilin or Malaysia?which would cost less?

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guilin Guangzhou

You can DIY after flew into Guilin.

The sequences are Guilin- Yangshuo- Lipu- Hezhou- Zhaoqing- Guangzhou

Guilin- Yangshuo: freq. Buses.

Yangshuo- Lipu: buses at each 10min interval.

Lipu- Hezhou: at 05:30 and 13:30.

Hezhou- Zhaoqing: at 14:20 and 15:30.

Zhaoqing- Guangzhou: at each 20min interval.

Guilin, China
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Guilin Guangzhou

The upper itinerary is perfect, and it is also the most reasonable route.

You can book the tour with Guilin local travel agencies before you go, it may cost less and they can arrange it in advance.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guilin Guangzhou

Thanks for the response. Can you specify the duration taken to travel from each of the above places?

Pls advise on how many days n places of interest i should visit

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guilin Guangzhou

5/05: Guilin- Yangshuo- Xingping if not keen on the sunset photography especially the twin pagoda. Stayed at Xingping.

Guilin- Yangshuo: buses at each 10min interval (07:00~18:00), journey time 1hour (70KM), ¥15.

Yangshuo- Xingping bus schedule is 06:00~18:30 at each 15min interval, journey time 1hour, ¥11

5/06: Xingping: Watch the sunrise and sunset. Bamboo rafting.

5/07: Yangshuo: After the sunrise, Xingping- Yangshuo.

Y Xingping- angshuo bus schedule is 06:00~18:30 at each 15min interval, journey time 1hour, ¥11

5/08: Lipu: Don’t know why you put into your itinerary. It is overlap with Guilin Caves. Yangshuo- Lipu: buses at each 10min interval, journey time 1hour (40KM), ¥10.

5/09: Lipu- Hezhou: at 05:30 and 13:30, journey time 3hours (160KM), ¥50.

Not sure are you aimed to Huang Yao

Hezhou- Huang Yao: 12:40. Stayed at Huang Yao.

5/10: Huang Yao- Hezhou. Stayed at Hezhou

5/11: Hezhou- Zhaoqing: at 14:20 and 15:30, journey time 6hours (330KM), ¥100.

5/12: Zhaoqing- Guangzhou: at each 20min interval, journey time 2hours (110KM), ¥15~¥30. Stayed at Zfaoqing

5/13: Guangzhou

5/14: Guanzhou.

I don’t know your interest but I wonder why you put Lipu in your itinerary.

I’ll Guilin- Yangshuo+Xingping- Huang Yao (direct bus)- Hezhou- Zhaoqing- Guangzhou.

Guilin, China
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Guilin Guangzhou

Quite cool itinerary.

Update:

1. the bus ticket from Guilin to Yangshuo is 25yuan now, and you can take it in the square of train stration.

2. About huangyao, there is a tourist bus from Guilin to Huangyao ancient town, go at 8 am, and return at 6pm, no need stay overnight in Hezhou or Huangyao, because half day is enough. It is another thing if you wanna go to Zhaoxing from Hezhou.

Guilin, China
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guilin Guangzhou

Welcome to Guilin,you can stay one night it the city of Guilin,its beautiful at night,and the next day stay in Yangshuo(you can stay a little longer in Yangshuo),then take bus to Lipu,there is a cave -The silver cave,chinese people called YINZIYAN,its a "mustvist place" in Lipu,and the take bus to Hezhou from lipu,and then Zhaoqing,Guangzhou...

Waterloo, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Guilin Guangzhou

I'm planning a trip there in April 2014, and will be staying 2 nights in Guilin and take a ferry boat down to Yangshou to stay another night, so that we can see the show "Impression of Liu San Jie" (Chinese musical performed on water at night, check it out on Youtube!). Supposedly highly recommend, the director is Zhangyimou, who also directed the opening ceremony of 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.

The manager of the hotel we will be staying, is very helpful, the price also boleh tahan lah. if anyone needs help for both Guilin & Yangshou, contact me so that I can fwd you her contact. She communicates very well in English too.

tantouzhai
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Guilin Guangzhou

Your itinerary looks very good ,don`t know why you choose Lipu,if you are a photography enthusiast i suggest you visit Longji rice terraces,It is worth visiting

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Guilin Guangzhou

Thanks for all your feedbacks and suggestion

I guess would drop Lipu off the itinerary

I am planning to leave for Guangzhou from Guilin vis train.How much would it cost?

How can I book my ticket

The agent in here in KL is quoting RM160/seat and RM360/sleeper?

Is it that expensive?

Can I change MYR to RMB in Guilin?Cos it seems MYR isn't traded there unlike M'sia whr all major currencies are traded.

I am planning to stay in YunCheng Hotel in Guangzhou.Is it a wise decision?

How much would it cost for airport transfer from there?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Guilin Guangzhou

Thanks to all for your suggestions

I did Guilin,Yangshuo,Longsheng,Lipu,Merrylang,Guangzhou and HK 12Days

Was mesmerized with karst formation and its surrounding scenery that was made perfect by the Li River

I just loved the the beauty of nature.

I liked bamboo rafting along Li River in Yangshuo, the silver cave with reflection in Lipu, 10 miles Scenic along Yangshuo-Lipu.

Shangri-la Park and Liu San Jie was worth every cent.

I also applaud the cast of Mirage of Guilin.Spectacular

Yuhill and Beauty Solitary Peak showcased the best of Guilin view

I also did the open cable car at Yaoshan Mountain-the highest mountain in Guilin

Lovely scenary

All in all,it was picturesque Guilin

I personally liked Yangshuo and Longsheng the most

Houses in Longsheng were built traditionally using bamboo stalks. No nails were used

In GZ, went to Shamian Island and Pearl River

The one place in GZ that will forever linger in my mind would be Chimelong Safari Park and the International Circus

It was worth every single penny.

Professional stunts by the cast of the circus

In HK, took the river cruise at night and watched Symphony of Lights

Also went to Temple street,Ladies market,took the Peak Tram,Madame Tussauds and walked along Avenue of Stars promenade

I liked the hustle and bustle of HK. Hope to visit HK again soon